X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Asterduc
    • Dec 2004

No HDCD in Multichannel mode

Hi,

I have my RSX-1056 with RB-1080 set up in Multichannel (1080 for fronts and 1056 amps for the surround units).
    When I play CD's, I send the signal over Dig Coax into Channel 2 and configure this channel as Stereo 5 channel.
    This works great, ... untill there is an HDCD in the player. The RSX then chooses HDCD. I try to change this setting, but I am unable to get sound through the surround channels.

Anybody who has experience with this?
  • Cracking Oboe
    • May 2004

Hi Asterduc,

I noticed a similar thing with my RSP 1068 when using the digital connection from my cd player with HDCD discs. No surround mixes were available. I think the receiver/ preamps digital cicutry is not capable of multi tasking (converting the HDCD bitstream into an analogue signal while further decoding it into surround channels). However, if you use the 2 channel analogue inputs from your CD player you can use surround mixes with an HDCD (your cd player does the initial HDCD decoding leaving your receiver free to process the surround mix).

Cracking!

Comment

• Asterduc
      • Dec 2004

Thanks Cracking Obou,

but playing through "CD Analogue" doesn't solve it.
      just tried it, and it is not possible for me to get HDCD play in multichannel.

For right understanding, my CD player does not convert HDCD, but I think that is not relevant.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Cracking Oboe
        • May 2004

Asterduc,

I gotta say... you have me stumped... Unless you just hooked up the RCA cables from your player to your RSX and didn't remember to re-assign your RSX's CD input from digital to the analogue inputs? Have you unpluged the digital cable from your CD to make sure?

I use the RCA inputs from my CD player assigned to the CD selector, and assigned the digital input from the CD player to Video 3. That way I can use the CD selector for 2 channel listening or multi channel HDCD listening, and use the video 3 selector for multi channel listening.

Cracking!

Comment

• Asterduc
          • Dec 2004

It works!

Great,

what it need is that you switch channels first to activate the new setting.

So, got multichannel now, even in HDCD format.

Thanks Cracking Obou.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"