X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joelp
    • Nov 2004

IR repeaters

Hi All,

My HT gear sits behind solid wood doors and it's a pain to get up, open the doors each time I want to turn something on so I'm thinking of getting an IR repeater. It's a basic setup: Receiver (RSX-1056), DVD player (RDV-1040), Tape Deck(nakamichi), VCR(toshiba), and TV, My VCR doesn't have a 12Volt trigger but my DVD Player, Tape Deck, and Receiver do. Any recommendations on what product I should get?

In addition, Is there a 12Volt trigger system which can hook up to a LAN so I can operate to system on my computer? (WinXP)

thanks,
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Joe check out www.smarthome.com for buffalo IR repeater units. They're what I use for my IR distribution and its been very reliable for me. I know Erik Farstad also used the same gear to do exactly what you're asking and you can see his website here

Comment

• efarstad
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jun 2001

Hi Joe. Don't know how much more I can help...my website kind of says it all. I know use Niles gear...but it all essentially works the same!

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
      E-Cinema

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Hey, an Erik sighting! :B :T

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Hey, where's the :sn:?
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• whoaru99
            • Jul 2004

I'm in need of an IR sensor so that I can operate my system from the bedroom/zone 2.

I see on the SmartHome site that I can get the Terk LeapFrog system for ~$40, but yet just a table top IR sensor alone is $60 and the mini sensors cost more yet. What am I missing in this picture?
            There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Whoru the Terk gear isn't that reliable. I've tried it before i switched over to the buffalo unit and while it works for some things it isn't nearly as flexible or reliable as the hard wired systems the Erik and I used.

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Yeah, I haven't tried the others, but I'm AMAZED at how well my Xantech IR system works. The IR receiver picks up signals regardless of just about anywhere that I point my remote, and I haven't had the repeating fail yet.
                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"