X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keiron99
    • Mar 2004

RSP 1066 and Xantech IR repeater

I'm not having any luck getting my Xantech IR repeaters and emitters to work with my RSP1066. I currently have an entire Xantech distribution system and everything works fine. When plugged into the 1066, the receiver doesn't even flash to indicate a signal is being received. The Rotel manual names Xantech as being compatible, so I'm struggling for a solution. Any ideas?
  • Bostonears
    • Mar 2004

Are you trying: a) to use the IR sensor inside the 1066 to output through its IR Out jack into the Xantech system, or b) to use an IR sensor on the Xantech system as input into the EXT REM jack on the 1066?

I have an external sensor with a Xantech system going into the EXT REM on my 1067, configuration b), and it's working fine.

However, if you're trying to do a), and you inadvertently plugged the Xantech cable into the EXT REM jack instead of the IR Out jack on the 1066, you'd get the symptoms you describe. (I believe that when anything is plugged into the EXT REM jack, the internal IR sensor is disabled.)

Comment

• keiron99
      • Mar 2004

I'm trying to connect the Xantech to receiver to the REM IN - but it doesn't work. Similarly, using the 1066 remote sensor and attaching the emitters to the IR OUT doesn't work either. It's as though, somehow, the system is disabled.

Comment

• keiron99
        • Mar 2004

...in other words, I'm trying to do a and b !

Comment

• whmacs
          • Oct 2003

Hi Keiron99,
          I can't offer much help as I have a RSP-1098, but I just used a standard 3.5mm cable to plug between the Xantech distribution box and the REM EXT IN and it all worked fine.

cheers,
          Stephen

My Home Theatre
          My Home Theatre

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Mine works perfect as well. Though I notice that now with the 2.1.1 software things have changed a bit in what gets powered on from Zone two...not a big deal just a change. Anyway like the poster above I have a direct cable plugging into the zone two input from the IR repeater box (mines a buffalo model) and its flawless.

These aren't powermid type units by chance are they? I don't think Xantech makes them but if it is they don't have enough power to work in the manner you're trying (I know b/c i tried )

Comment

• Bostonears
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by keiron99
              Similarly, using the 1066 remote sensor and attaching the emitters to the IR OUT doesn't work either. It's as though, somehow, the system is disabled.
              Temporarily disconnecting the entire Xantech system from the 1066, if you just plug an IR emitter into the IR OUT on the 1066, do you get anything out of the emitter? Or is that what you already did in the description above?

Comment

• keiron99
                • Mar 2004

Andrew - I have both Buffalo and Xantech gear (not the powermid stuff) and neither work.

Bostonears - yes I've already done that, using the 1066 as the receiver, but I get nothing from the emitters.

I bought this second hand, and in every other respect the unit is mint. Could the previous owner have damaged it in some way?

It's not a big deal - I still have the Xantech gear / distribution amplifier - I just thought I'd be able to "slim down" my system and reduce the number of boxes and wires!

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"