speaker search for brother in law

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • eddiem67
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2004
    • 139

    #1

    speaker search for brother in law

    Here is the situation, my brother in law is looking for a 5.1 speaker set up, but they have to be small or thin due to my sister doesn't want big speakers everywhere. I believe they listen to more music than movies, but do enjoy a good movies with great sound so I would say 70% music 30% movies, I have no dimensions of the room, price is not a factor, I believe size is... :E
    My Car Audio
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003
    • 16706

    #2
    What will be powering these speakers?

    For small stylish speakers, the Vienna Acoustics Schonberg series would be on the top of my list.




    Other than that I'm a fan of Athena, B&W, Energy, Kef, Paradigm, Polk, PSB and Totem for a few other places to check out.

    Totally unrelated, but could you remove the brand list in your signature as it screws up peoples search's and is part of the forum rules. There is a section in your profile to list your system :T

    Jason
    Last edited by aud19; 22 September 2004, 16:50 Wednesday.
    Jason

    Comment

    • Shane Martin
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2001
      • 2852

      #3
      Magnepans are an interesting choice. They have a basic 5.1 setup for a reasonable cost. Just click on the home theater link here:
      Magnepan is the leader in high value, high quality, flat panel audiophile speakers for stereo and multi-channel use.

      Comment

      Related Topics

      Collapse

      • Burke Strickland
        In case you missed the Oscar nominations list
        by Burke Strickland
        I realize the list has been posted elsewhere due to its overriding interest / value as an HT topic. But it seems appropriate to highlight it here as well, since it has at least a tangential relationship to the movies. :>) (Source: Houston Chronicle) http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/ae/movie...
        29 January 2004, 03:15 Thursday
      • KennyG
        Two good movies
        by KennyG
        I've spent the last few days in school, up in Birmingham Al, so being as I had nothing to do at night I decided to take in a couple movies
        The first was "O brother, where art thou", I must say, my friend and myself had many good laughs, this is a witty, charming movie...all the acting...
        17 January 2001, 22:39 Wednesday
      • Aussie Geoff
        1098 Wish List and Need for a 1099!!!
        by Aussie Geoff
        Hi,

        In researching “wish list” requests for the 1098 I’ve started to develop a sense of what can be realistically added to the 1098 as is and what would require a major hardware upgrade. I thought this worth sharing, since it will provide a context for the next version of the 1098
        ...
        27 October 2003, 09:52 Monday
      • David Meek
        Your All-time Favorite Movies?
        by David Meek
        As part of the new features on the BB, I want to create a list of the top 25 movies (movies, not DVD's) for HTGuide members. By "top" I mean the movies that affected you the most when you saw them, that have you coming back again and again. The list will be alphabetized and NOT in a "best...
        28 March 2003, 10:34 Friday
      • impala454
        Top 100 Movies List
        by impala454
        So this is the spinoff from another thread, I saw this list on artofmanliness.com and it seemed to have a lot of great classics on it. I'd printed it a long time ago swearing I would watch them all (I've only seen about 20-30 of them), and found the printout while digging through some old stuff. So...
        21 March 2012, 14:09 Wednesday
      • Loading...
      • No more items.
      Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

        Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

        Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"