X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TSG
    • Jan 2003

Rava SE?

Anyone have any experience with this sub? For 2 channel music only.. Is there better for $529?

Would it be a challenge to integrate 2 subs for stereo?

Thanks

Tom
    Tom
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

I've found the Shiva drivers, which I think the Rava sports, to be tighter than my Klipsch KSW-200. I've got an M & K MX-125, and I will say, the Shiva actually looks almost identical to the MK driver. MK has a great reputation for subs, so Shiva's performance doesn't surprise me at all. I use 2 Shiva in my Velex subs, and they kick A$$. I'll have another sub project going soon I hope, this time based on 4 Tempests, 8O , just not sure when.

Adire has nice looking, and solid cabinets, I think it would be a winner for music.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• dsmith
      • Jan 2003

I have never heard the Rava but I have a SVS and I find it hard to believe you can do better for many times the price. The PCi 25-31 small cylinder can be had for about $549. SVS also has a box sub now for $599. I would check them out - you can audition for 45 days and return for a full refund less shipping.

Don

Comment

• sfdoddsy
        • Sep 2000

Adire make fine drivers. I have a Shiva and 5 DPL12s populating various things around the house.

They are very good to deal with too. I had a slight problems with one of my DPL12s, and they sent me a whole new driver with no questions asked.

Steve

Steve's DIY Dipoles
        Steve's OB Journey

Comment

• TSG
          • Jan 2003

What would be the best way to integrate a sub into a 2 channel system? Would it be best to use an outboard x-over? The Rava says "this amp includes a true 4th order Linkwitz Riley crossover". I'm not really sure if that's good... good enough? I'd like to cut my speakers off at 50Hz or so.. I think.

Tom
          Tom

Comment

• sfdoddsy
            • Sep 2000

I'd probably try the Rava crossover first if you don't already have an outboard crossover. A 4th order L/R will give nice deep cutoffs.

Steve

Steve's DIY Dipoles
            Steve's OB Journey

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"