X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • efarstad
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2001

My New SVS 25-31Pci

I'm just a simple guy who loves HT. Like many I heard A LOT about SVS and their subs...then I saw that their new PCi line was coming out. I pre-ordered one of their 25-31PCi's and waited patiently.

Then the day came...my UPS tracking number! I couldn't wait to see if the Sub would live up to the hype.

Arrival day:

Wife: Wow, that's a big box.
    Me: Smiled, saw serial number of 00002, smiled again, opened box, set up, calibration...huh?

The sub had a problem, it popped, and hissed, it appeared flawed or damaged. I e-mailed SVS and Tom helped me try all the tricks: receiver problem, ground loop problem, nothing worked. So I packed up the old sub, sent it back to SVS and waited for a new sub to be sent to me.

Arrival day 2:

UPS GUY: Gee, you guys buy a lot of speakers! (True quote)
    Wife: Wow, that's another big box.
    Me: Smiled, serial number 00046, set up, calibration....WOW.

My "wow" first started off being a reference to my new sub but it more represents the service I got from Tom, Ron, and Erik.

I must have e-mail those guys 4-5 times a day with all my "hissing, popping, calibration questions" and they responded back to me in hours, not days, not weeks...sometimes just 5 minutes!!! I was floored! To say they "care" about their customers is an understatement. To those who think they might be in it just for the money, you're wrong. Yes, they're trying to make a living, but they really do care about my satisfaction and desire me to have the best HT possible.

After I got the new SVS and it worked I e-mail the guys to let them now all is well. Ron e-mailed me back and asked if I got any "spiffs" for my troubles, like a t-shirt or wall logo. I said, "no" and he replied...tell me what you want and it's yours! So now I have a new wall logo enroute for my HT room! Did this have to be done? No. The sub appears to have been damaged in shipping...but they went the extra mile anyway.

Now onto the SVS. My 25-31PCi replaces an old Klipsch sub from my dolby pro-logic days. Though rated down to 30hz I new I was missing a lot. With the new PCi my movie world has opened up...big time. Here's the biggest compliment that can be made, and my wife said it speaking to her friend:

"You'll have to have Erik (that's me) show you his new toy!"

Yes, for those married out there, the wife pushing you to show off your new gear is the ultimate in approval. Other comments by family and friends:

"I could feel that!"

"Oh my gosh, I never knew that existed in this movie!"

"That shook the room upstairs!"

With Titan AE I felt the bass in my chest. During the pod race in Phantom Menace my couch shook. In the Matrix, my pant legs ruffled. The list goes on and on...but to sum up...SVS has hit a home run with their new PCi's! I just have the "baby" of the group so I'm frightened to think what the two bigger brother's could do.

I could impress you with SPL readings and other technical garb, which are impressive, but I'm here to just tell you about a HT guy who is just darn happy with his new sub!

To those naysayers: Yes, I've tried the new Klipsch, Energy's, and others and those are great subs...but for $550 bucks they can not match the price/performace ratio of the SVS.

I could have been upset that my first sub didn't work. I could have waited days or weeks for help or even getting a new one. But I didn't...why? Svs stands behind their product 100%...and have made me HAPPY...and that's what matters to them most!

If you doubt "making customers happy" is their ultimate goal...just ask them. They could be making their subs for the normal home theater chains and Hi-Fi stores, of which we'd pay the middle man and other mark-ups...and this would show that SVS would be in it just for the money. But since they're in it for guys and gals like me and you reading this...they make themselves available and offer in my humble opinion the best bang for your buck subs out there.

That's my story...and it has a more then happy ending!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema
  • Markj
    • Aug 2000

Great reading efarstad, a good sub sure can make a movie rock. I bet you will have lots of fun re-watching all of your movies.

Comment

• efarstad
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jun 2001

Markj, that's the great part "re-watching" all the flicks! I'm like: Wholly Cow...that was in this movie...I'm realizing what I've missed all this time! Pretty amazing what bass does for a show!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
      E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
      E-Cinema

Comment

• Kevin P
        • Aug 2000

Erik, wow, you have it good, don't you! A new house, a new baby, and now a SVS sub!! :yeah:

My SVS still astounds me, when I hear that bass! Not just the loud kabooms and rumbles of the action flicks, but even the more subtle bass in a lot of movies, just sings with the SVS. I even enjoy the hip-hop/rap tracks in some movies with the bass, even though I normally hate that kind of music.

If you really want to torture your sub, try The Haunting-DTS. You'll crack your foundation! You've already tried other bass-fests like Titan:AE and SW/TPM. Try Swordfish too, that explosion at the beginning just rumbles, and rumbles, and rumbles... and U-571 too, depth charges! Re-watch your movies!! :B

I'm anxiously awaiting my driver upgrade from SVS. The latest email from them indicates I should have it next week sometime. I'll have to re-watch my movies again afterward!

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
        My HT Site

Comment

• efarstad
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2001

Kev: I'm thinking about buying the Haunting now that I have the SVS...I never thought to before because the movie's just "ok" but now...ah what the heck!

Will probably buy "Behind Enemy Lines" today...

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
          E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
          E-Cinema

Comment

• John Holmes
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Congrats Erik! And welcome to the club! :B

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
            "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Yes, for those married out there, the wife pushing you to show off your new gear is the ultimate in approval.
              isn't that the truth :LOL:

Comment

• Westly197
                • Aug 2000

I preordered one of their first 1646PC subs back when they were just about to come out. It was an excellent sub, but a problem with my car forced me to sell something ASAP. I knew the SVS would be easy to sell and it would sell at a very small loss. I was right and it sold in one or two days by just listing it in a forum.

I just ordered it's replacement, a 2039PCi. I can't wait for it to arrive, the last 6 months using just my old Polk sub haven't been the same. With the new driver and new amp the i series has, I'm sure to be even more impressed. I too have been very impressed by SVS support and quick response to emails. They always respond in minutes or hours, even on weekends!

- Wes

My Home Theater
                - Wes

My Home Theater

Comment

• efarstad
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jun 2001

Wes, let us know what you think of your new baby when it arrives!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                  E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                  E-Cinema

Comment

• Lex
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Apr 2001

Congrats on the sub Erik, glad SVS took care of you well.

Lex
                    Doug
                    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Westly197
                      • Aug 2000

It's due to be delivered Wednesday... h:

- Wes

My Home Theater
                      - Wes

My Home Theater

Comment

• Westly197
                        • Aug 2000

It's due to be delivered Wednesday... h:

- Wes

My Home Theater
                        - Wes

My Home Theater

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"