X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PhillipC
    • Jan 2003

Carver AV-705X

I am looking to buy a used Carver AV-705x 5 channel amp. Would this be an upgrade over a Parasound HCA-1000 and a NAD C270. This would be running my Paradigm Studio center, side and back surrounds
  • Ricky
    • Aug 2000

What is the rest of your system?

Comment

• dsmith
      • Jan 2003

I owned this amp briefly several years ago and I sold it quickly as I did not care for it on music. Okay for HT probably. You may like it however, so go ahead and try it. But for a good value my recommendation would be to get a rebuilt H/K Sign. 2.1 (5 X 100) for $688 with full two year warranty from harmanaudio.com. I also owned the 2.1 briefly, and while I did not keep it for a while I regretted getting rid of it. In retrospect it was a very good amp on music and HT and much superior to the 705X. It is a real bargain at the above price, and more attractive than the Carver also.

Don

Comment

• PhillipC
        • Jan 2003

I have an Arcam 72T cd player hooked up to a Rotel 1066 pro. I wanted something that would be an improvement over the two amps I mentioned for my center channel especially

Comment

• PhillipC
          • Jan 2003

Bryston 4B-SST running Studio 100's

Comment

• Ricky
            • Aug 2000

I too did not have a good experience with the Carver 705 and also kept the HK Signature 2.1 after comparing both in my system for 3 days.

I don't think that a 5 channel under 1k will best two stereo amps you have now. Perhaps you can pickup a used Bryston 3B-ST (or lexicon NT212, same amp) to drive your center and the rear center. Are you running 6.1 or 7.1? Or you can get a Lexicon NT512 (same as 9B-ST) for ~ 1600 used .

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"