X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rick c
    • Aug 2004

carver amp w/rotel rsx1056?

Was wondering if anyone can any insights on the carver amps especiallly sound wise warm, bright etc..I was thinking of adding a rotel amp down the road but saw how budget minded these amps were.How would they do with b&w 603s3 and a rotel rsx1056.Or should i just wait until i can afford a rotel amp.It seems you get more for the money with a used carver or is it my imagination?Would really like some insight thanks.
  • soundhound
    • Mar 2004

I would steer away from the TFM series of Carver's. I have owned about 1/2 dozen, and won't own another. I just had a TFM 24 a week ago and for shits and giggles ran one front speaker off of the Carver, and the other off of my Rotel 1080, and the carver is brighter, distorts much sooner (at low to moderate volume), and sounded shallower to me. Rotel looses me in the music where as the Carver amplified it. I am biased no doubt, but believe the Carvers are great for kids who want to pound on a set of cerwin vega, or pioneer 18" speakers with some of todays "rock". They are affordable, but as a rule of thumb you get what you pay for. You have a great start with the 1056, and can pick up used Rotel amps somewhat reasonably, on ebay or audiogon. Another plus is that Rotel holds their value quite well, so if you take it in steps you can sample along the way and get to where you want to be.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"