X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

Best match to a Crown MA2402

OK, since 2 similar posts have gone completely ignored at HTF and AVS for 2 days even after bumping, I'm hoping someone here has at least one suggestion.

I'm building 3 bass modules for my front 3 speakers and have a Crown Macrotech 2402 to power the left and right (about 600 watts per side into 8 ohms). The driver is a Lambda SB10 in about a 2.8 cu ft sealed box. Will be crossed at 250 hz and covering down to 30 Hz or so. I'm looking for a good monoblock or bridged stereo amp to match the Crown, 300-600 watts and hopefully <$700. THere's more info on my speakers in a thread in the DIY section here if anyone's interested.

Any opinions on the best match for the power/quality of the Crown? The SB10 is single voice coil, 8 ohm, so suggestions for a comparable 2 channel amp would require that it be bridgeable to mono. I know the BEST match would be a mono bridged MA602, but that's $1200.

BB
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Without delving to deeply here in territory I am not that familiar with, I have to say that Crown perhaps is the best bet. Hey, from 700 to 1200, isn't to far a stretch, and maybe in the end it would be worth it to wait a few months longer if necessary to hit the goal. Just a suggestion. Perhaps a used one? A definite possibility.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"