X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • collectslps
    • Jan 2007

Turntable Upgrade Recommendations

Hi.

I have a Rega P3 2000 table. Is it worthwhile for me to consider the 24v motor and/or Groovetracer subplatter upgrades? I like the turntable a lot but have to wonder if the money might be better spent moving up to a different one. With the gear I have, wondering what you might suggest. Thanks!
  • exojam
    • Dec 2006

I have never seen a bad report about the Groovetracer sub platter. I have one on my Planar 3.

I have also added a Origin Live motor upgrade. My Incognito rewire kit should be here next week and I will be interested in that change.

James

Comment

• collectslps
      • Jan 2007

Thank you for your input. I just wonder if spending $600 or so in upgrades is worth doing vs going for a used vpi scout.

Comment

• exojam
        • Dec 2006

Unfortunately that is a question I cannot answer for you. I did my upgrades a little bit after getting the Planar 3. I still love the little deck and have not thought about selling it to go to another one as of yet.

James

Comment

• twitch54
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by collectslps
          Hi.

With the gear I have, wondering what you might suggest. Thanks!
          What's the rest of your associated equipment ??
          Dave

Comment

• collectslps
            • Jan 2007

Nothing Like "Routine" Maintenance

Moral of the story is I decided to change my P3 2000's oil which was original. Believe it or not, made a huge positive difference in many respects.

Other equipment includes Dynavector 10x5, Genesis Technologies Genre I speakers, double runs of Kimber 4TC. Also have but barely use a Grado RA1 AC and SR225's (with Audioquest Emerald interconnects) only because I prefer speakers over phones.

Comment

• twitch54
              • Apr 2006

nothing like an 'oil & filter change' to bring the ole girl back to life ! congrats on the cheap fix.
              Dave

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"