X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HedgeHog
    • Dec 2008

Opinion of Shanling SCD-T200C

Hello,

I've posted in another site but they called it snake oil. So, what's the forumers experience/opinion of this component? Worth it? Craptracular?

Shoor is purdee...

TIA.

-Hedwig
    Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / Oppo BDP-105 / Apple TV G2 / QNAP Turbo NAS TS-210
    Classe Audio SSP-800 / Classe Audio CA-M400 (x2) + CA-5200
    B&W 802D2 / B&W HTM2D2 / B&W CCM-818 / JL Audio Fathom 113
    Richard Gray Substation 240V + 1200 Custom / ESD Cable Isolators Mk II.
    Clear Day Double Shotgun Spkr Cable / White Zombie Audio ZeroPointZero Silver XLR / LessLoss DFPC Original
  • Music4Life
    • May 2006

Heard this CDP before (I used to own CDT-80) in it's HK showroom, I'm not impressed considering the sound it produce and the build quality vs. the price. Those plastic that protect the tubes, cheapo! Sold my T-80 just for few months. I replaced it with Cayin CDT-17A, didn't do any good. Sold it after 4-5 months later. From now on, I tend to shy away from China based company. I am using an old cheap Pioneer DVD player (at least it's Made in Japan) as transport + Lite DAC AM supreme EX version, far better sound than these more expensive CDP.

Comment

• DL86
      • Sep 2005

My CD-T 80 pretty much died on me... trying to get it fixed now.

Comment

• scarpi
        • Jul 2008

Looks classy, but I have a Musical Fidelity A5 cd player and love it. Don't know about the cost comparison between my A5 and that piece of gear, but the A5 retailed for about $2600. In listening to my A5, I have to say that I don't know how a cd can sound any better.

Comment

• Music4Life
          • May 2006

Originally posted by scarpi
          Looks classy, but I have a Musical Fidelity A5 cd player and love it. Don't know about the cost comparison between my A5 and that piece of gear, but the A5 retailed for about $2600. In listening to my A5, I have to say that I don't know how a cd can sound any better.
          Yeah it looks classy, but only on the photos. You have to see the real thing then you can tell it's a cheapo. MF A5 is real classy! But again, not my cup of tea. Those China based electronics only looks good in the pictures. I guess that's where they spend most of their money.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"