X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fido
    • Mar 2008

B&W/Classe, Phono/Cart Synergy

For those of you with B&W speakers and Classe electronics...what phono stage and cartridge are you using and how do you like it. I am trying to find a good system synergistic match with my phono setup. I'd like something with weight and heft like my CDP 202 puts out. Nothing too bright or etched or mechanical sounding on the top end. Smoooth, rythmic and realistic is what I'm looking for. At the moment I have a Sound of the Wood modified AR turntable with an SME 3009 tomearm.

Thanks
  • btf1980
    • Aug 2007

Well, I don't have Classe, but I have Rotel with my B&W. I currently have a VPI Scout combined with a Simaudio Moon LP3 phonostage and a Clearaudio Aurum Beta S cartridge. Also has a VPI SDS powering and controlling the speed of the Scout. Sounds devine!!
    A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• rickc
      • Sep 2006

I also have all Classe gear and was thinking about adding a turntable to my system. Did you ever make a decsion about adding one to yours? I have the following:

SSP 600
      CP700
      Cam 400's
      CDP300
      B&W 802D's

The next questions I have is that I am thinking about adding a 202 for better 2-channel sound. The CDP 300 sounds great , but I believe that the 202 will sound even better. Let me know if you have compared them? Then if you have purchased a TT does it sound better the the 202?

Thanks

Comment

• miner
        • Mar 2005

Rotel & B&W here too. My RC-1082 has an onboard phono stage but I decided to add a Graham Slee Era Gold V into the mix. My TT is a Rega P7 w/Dynavector DV20XH cartridge. I am very pleased.

Comment

• twitch54
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Fido
          For those of you with B&W speakers and Classe electronics...what phono stage and cartridge are you using and how do you like it. I am trying to find a good system synergistic match with my phono setup. I'd like something with weight and heft like my CDP 202 puts out. Nothing too bright or etched or mechanical sounding on the top end. Smoooth, rythmic and realistic is what I'm looking for. At the moment I have a Sound of the Wood modified AR turntable with an SME 3009 tomearm.

Thanks

First I would concern myself with a 'synergistic' (compliance) match of the arm and cartridge. Go over to the vinylengine forum, enter your arm info and see what you get.

FWIW, the SME3009 was considered to be somewhat 'bass shy' ,so that should be part of your cartridge hunt. Also, FWIW, twenty five years ago when I ran that arm on my Kenwood KD-500 I was using a Grace F9-e super.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"