What are you using for a Phono Preamp ???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • john4618
    • Mar 2004

What are you using for a Phono Preamp ???

I just ordered a VPI Scout turntable which will be here next week.

I have the Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp but am being told that it is an entry-level unit and will be the “weak-link” in my system, and that a higher-end preamp is a "must" if I want to get full benefit from my VPI Scout -- do you agree or disagree with this ???

I will be using the PPH-100 initially (and maybe I will love it !?!?) -- but if it truly is a “weak-link” in my system, I would prefer to get something more comparable to the rest of my system -- so I’m wondering what Phono Preamp all of you are using ???
    Last edited by john4618; 13 November 2004, 23:00 Saturday.
  • bhuskins
    • Aug 2003

This is an excellent unit from Musical Fidelity that I've personally used:

Oh dear, something has gone wrong. Here's a couple of things to try next to get back to the good stuff... Use your browser's 'Back' button and...

It's the X-LPS v3 and I feel for the money it can't be beat. It definitely outperforms the PPH-100 and it doesn't break the bank either.

Brent Huskins
    Media Design

Comment

• nicholtl
      • Aug 2003

Interesting...it "destroys" the Creek, they say. It must be really something, as the Creek was/is generally considered to be an outstanding phono stage for the price.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"