X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

Classe Price increases

Here are the current Classe retail prices in US Dollars as of October 1st, 2009.

CA-2100 $4,000.00
    CA-2200 $5,500.00
    CA-3200 $6,500.00
    CA-5100 $5,500.00
    CA-5200 $9,000.00
    CA-M400 $5,500.00ea
    CA-P2100 $5,500.00

CP-500 $4,000.00 (discontinued)
    CP-700 $6,000.00

SSP-800 $9,000.00

CDP-102 $4,500.00
    CDP-202 $7,000.00
    CDT-300 $5,000.00
    CDP-300 $7,000.00
    CDP-502 $8,500.00

CT-SSP $9,000.00
    CT-M600 $6,500.00
    CT-M300 $5,000.00
    CT-5300 $9,000.00
    CT-2300 $6,500.00

Phono Modules $500.00pr

Omega Mono $17,500.00ea
    Omega Omicron Mono $12,500.00ea

Omega Preamp MKIII $17,500.00

Just thought you guys would like to know.

Eric

Edit on 12.1.09 for removal of SSP-600 and SSP-300, note about CP-500 being discontinued, and price change on CP-700.
    Last edited by hifiguymi; 01 December 2009, 12:56 Tuesday.
  • KRC
    • Aug 2004

This is interesting, I was recently at a Classe dealer in Toronto and learned with the help of the ever increasing Canadian dollar, the SSP 300 which retailed for $6500 CAD will now let it go for $4800 CAD. The CA 5100 which retailed for $7000 CAD will now be $5600 CAD. The saleman explained that Classe, which is made in Canada is shipped to the distributor in the US and then sold back to stores in Canada. So as a Canadian and playing my cards right with the ever changing dollar rate could get it cheaper yet. The dealer here was saying that if they do not drop the price to go along with the strong Canadian dollar, buyers will travel to the northern US states to pick one up, so wheel and deal time. I should have studied economics in school to understand what is happening.

Kevin

Comment

• sikoniko
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

Can someone sticky this thread? I think its useful to have at the top... I'd also like the SSP-800 thread stickied if possible...

thanks,
      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• kloepfr
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by KRC
        This is interesting, I was recently at a Classe dealer in Toronto and learned with the help of the ever increasing Canadian dollar, the SSP 300 which retailed for $6500 CAD will now let it go for $4800 CAD. The CA 5100 which retailed for $7000 CAD will now be $5600 CAD. The saleman explained that Classe, which is made in Canada is shipped to the distributor in the US and then sold back to stores in Canada. So as a Canadian and playing my cards right with the ever changing dollar rate could get it cheaper yet. The dealer here was saying that if they do not drop the price to go along with the strong Canadian dollar, buyers will travel to the northern US states to pick one up, so wheel and deal time. I should have studied economics in school to understand what is happening.

Kevin
        In Europe it is the other way round..:-( One might think that the strong Euro will let the Classe gear gets 30% cheaper, but Classe Germany still sells the whole sortiment EUR=USD!! Example: THE CA 5200 still over 9000€!!
        So, Europe sales arm of Classe is a great cash machine for Classe these days.....
        "...Life is for living... with...Classe CDP502, SSP800, CA 5200, Toshiba HD-XE1, B&W 802D, HTM2D, 2xDS7, ASW825, Mitsubishi HC 6000...."

Comment

• Telstar
          • Dec 2007

As for almost any other american brand EU distributors gets

Comment

• nikos
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by hifiguymi
            Classe has raised US prices on their line up this month due to the value (or lack there of) of the US dollar. Here is a list of the new prices.

CA-2100 $4,000.00
            CA-2200 $5,500.00
            CA-3200 $6,500.00
            CA-5100 $5,500.00
            CA-5200 $9,000.00
            CA-M400 $5,500.00ea
            CA-P2100 $5,500.00

CP-500 $4,000.00
            CP-700 $8,000.00

SSP-300 $5,000.00
            SSP-600 $7,000.00

CDP-102 $4,500.00
            CDP-202 $7,000.00
            CDT-300 $5,000.00
            CDP-300 $7,000.00
            CDP-502 $8,500.00

The phono modules are still at $500.00pr

Omega Mono $17,500.00ea

Eric

Anybody with access to the previous prices ...was this a $500 increase?

in particular what was the ssp-300 and ssp-600 priced at before this increase?

thanks

Nikos
            Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC

Comment

• RobP
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by sikoniko
              Can someone sticky this thread? I think its useful to have at the top... I'd also like the SSP-800 thread stickied if possible...

thanks,
              Done
              Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• wettou
                Ultra Senior Member
                • May 2006

now they should reduce the price
                Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• 1oldguy
                  • Dec 2008

I am trying to piece together what I will use for amps.My situation is that I don't have dedicated 20 amp lines which I would prefer.I am stuck with 15 amp lines.
                  So I am wondering how many amps, a Classe CA-M 400 monoblock draws?
                  On top of things I have a Pioneer 60 inch Plasma that i figure draws about 4 amps.
                  I am doing a full 5.1 my speakers are listed in my profile.
                  I should note that I am not one for insane volume but for for sound quality.
                  Thanks in advance
                  A Man should never Gamble more than he can stand to loose.

Comment

• hifiguymi
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Mar 2007

The rated power consumption on a CA-M400 is 480 watts. On a 120 volt line that is 4 amps. It will draw more than that on peaks but that is the average. With that being the case, a three of them (for left, center, and right) would about max out a 15 amp circuit when pushed. All of the power consumption numbers are in their manuals and you can download those from their website.

Eric

Comment

• 1oldguy
                      • Dec 2008

Ouch.........It would seem I do indeed have a problem.
                      Thank you for taking the time to reply.
                      A Man should never Gamble more than he can stand to loose.

Comment

• Glen B
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Jul 2004

The power consumption of three CAM400s is 1,440 watts, equal to the 80% continuous capacity of a 15A circuit. In real world use, three CAM400s in a multichannel system are not going to be delivering maximum power at the same time. IMO, A 15A circuit should handle momentary peaks with no problems. As long as you're not tripping the circuit breaker, you should be fine.

Comment

• wettou
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • May 2006

The rated power consumption on a CA-M400 is 480 watts. On a 120 volt line that is 4 amps. It will draw more than that on peaks but that is the average. With that being the case, a three of them (for left, center, and right) would about max out a 15 amp circuit when pushed. All of the power consumption numbers are in their manuals and you can download those from their website.

Eric
                          How about the CA-5200 ?:E
                          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• hifiguymi
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Mar 2007

Are you asking about the power consumption on the CA-5200? If so, it's just over 1000 watts. Peaks maybe more but that is the rated power consumption.

Eric

Comment

• wettou
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • May 2006

Are you asking about the power consumption on the CA-5200? If so, it's just over 1000 watts. Peaks maybe more but that is the rated power consumption. Eric
                              How many volt I have a dedicated 20amp line could I plug three CA-M400 into that same line?

Comment

• Nolan B
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Sep 2005

any news on the pricing for the CT Series?

Comment

• hifiguymi
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Nolan B
                                  any news on the pricing for the CT Series?
                                  I put them in the first post.

Eric

Comment

• Nolan B
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Sep 2005

I put them in the first post.

Eric
                                    wow, is it me or did the SSP 800 jump up in price by 1k?

Comment

• hifiguymi
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Nolan B
                                      wow, is it me or did the SSP 800 jump up in price by 1k?
                                      It's not you. As of October 1st it's going to be $9000.00US. That means that anybody who waited to get one until after the dual DSP board was in factory built units make a big mistake (and you know who you are).

Eric

Comment

• sikoniko
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Aug 2003

It's not you. As of October 1st it's going to be $9000.00US. That means that anybody who waited to get one until after the dual DSP board was in factory built units make a big mistake (and you know who you are).

Eric
                                        While $1000 is a lot of money, it really suprised me that the price was only increased by $1000. When taken into consideration of the amount of money being spent, it is just over 10%. I think they could have easily doubled that and not lost many sales.

Comment

• btf1980
                                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by sikoniko
                                          While $1000 is a lot of money, it really suprised me that the price was only increased by $1000. When taken into consideration of the amount of money being spent, it is just over 10%. I think they could have easily doubled that and not lost many sales.
                                          A 12.5% price jump is a lot of scratch, but you're right - the people who set their mind on it would most likely get it anyway. However, I think anymore than that would have lost them sales. I don't think they could have gotten away with doubling the $1K price increase. A $2K price increase is significant. That's a quarter of what the original MSRP was. Can you imagine if things you bought cost 25% more in the blink of an eye? Don't know about you, but I'd most definitely look for alternatives.
                                          A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• sikoniko
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by btf1980
                                            A 12.5% price jump is a lot of scratch, but you're right - the people who set their mind on it would most likely get it anyway. However, I think anymore than that would have lost them sales. I don't think they could have gotten away with doubling the $1K price increase. A $2K price increase is significant. That's a quarter of what the original MSRP was. Can you imagine if things you bought cost 25% more in the blink of an eye? Don't know about you, but I'd most definitely look for alternatives.
                                            Not really when you consider what Bryston, Krell, Meridian, etc are selling their products for.

Comment

• wettou
                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                              • May 2006

Increasing profit margins that's all, good business sense :B

Comment

• CabinetGuy
                                                • Sep 2005

Eric
                                                This raises a question for me. This is my first post and I have watched for years which led to my purchase of all Classe equipment and B&W speakers. I did this all while building my home and installed two 20 amp dedicated lines to where my equipment would be located. I am running two CA-400's and a ca-3200. The question is this.... I have a Furman power unit where everything plugs into. I have the Furman plugged into one of the 20 Amp dedicated lines.... am I losing potential power during peaks by not plugging the amps directly into the dedicated lines? Is one way or the other better in the long run????
                                                This is an awesome forum that has educated me to new levels.... and still does.. I have only scratched the surface.

Thanks.

Comment

• mjb
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by CabinetGuy
                                                  The question is this.... I have a Furman power unit where everything plugs into. I have the Furman plugged into one of the 20 Amp dedicated lines.... am I losing potential power during peaks by not plugging the amps directly into the dedicated lines?
                                                  Europeans don't tend to share this obsession with power conditioners, perhaps euro-220volt-power is much cleaner.
                                                  To your question, I would say no. You have to consider the duty cycle, and the fact that big amps have very big capacitor banks, precisely for the peaks. You've a nice setup by the way!
                                                  - Mike

Main System:
                                                  B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                                                  Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• wettou
                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                    • May 2006

Originally posted by mjb
                                                    Europeans don't tend to share this obsession with power conditioners, perhaps euro-220volt-power is much cleaner.
                                                    To your question, I would say no. You have to consider the duty cycle, and the fact that big amps have very big capacitor banks, precisely for the peaks. You've a nice setup by the way!
                                                    220 is much better you can also plug in more powerful equipment, in the US they use 220 for heavy machinery

Comment

• Maarten
                                                      • Jan 2010

Prices Eu:

Delta Series
                                                      Pricelist valid from 01-10-1009

item model description finish retail price per piece incl. VAT

CP700 Vervorming 0.0012%, 2 x XLR in, 2 x XLR out, RS232 Silver € 7.950,00
                                                      CP500 Vervorming 0.003%, 2 x XLR in, 1 x XLR out, RS232 Silver € 4.250,00
                                                      CA5200 5 x 200W Class A/B, RS232 Silver € 9.450,00
                                                      CA3200 3 x 200W Class A/B, RS232 Silver € 7.250,00
                                                      CA5100 5 x 100W Class A/B, RS232 Silver € 5.950,00
                                                      CA2200 2 x 200W Class A/B, RS232 Silver € 5.950,00
                                                      CAM400 1 x 400W Class A/B Mono, RS232 Silver € 5.950,00
                                                      CA2100 2 x 100W Class A/B, RS232 Silver € 4.250,00
                                                      CAP2100 2 x 100W Class A/B, 1 x XLR in, RS232 Silver € 5.950,00
                                                      SSP800 Pre-amp, 10 channel, HDMI1.3b, 1080p @ 24/50/60fsp,
                                                      36 bit, upgradable DSP module, touchscreen, RS232 Silver € 9.000,00
                                                      SSP300 Pre-amp, 7.1 channel, touchscreen, RS232 Silver € 5.450,00
                                                      CDP202 Touchscreen, RS232, True “double balanced” mode Silver € 6.950,00
                                                      CDP102 Touchscreen, RS232 Silver € 4.450,00
                                                      CDP502 Reference disc player, Touchscreen, RS232 Silver € 9.500,00
                                                      CDP300P High End disc player, Touchscreen, RS232 Silver € 7.500,00
                                                      CDP300T High End disc transport, Touchscreen, RS233,
                                                      Audio processing in SSP Silver € 5.500,00
                                                      CMCCAP CAP2100 Phono module board € 600,00
                                                      CPMCP1 CP500 Phono module board type 1 € 600,00
                                                      CPMCP2 CP500 Phono module board type 2 € 600,00
                                                      RLT5 Plus Classe Delta rack, 5 level, with CA5200 spacing Black € 1.250,00
                                                      RLT5 Classe Delta rack, 5 level Black € 1.250,00
                                                      RLT1 Amplifier rack, 1 level Black € 315,00

Custom Theater Series

CT5200 5 x 200W Class A/B, Rack-advantaged chassis design,
                                                      Thermostatically controlled cooling, Touch screen,
                                                      USB/RS232 control Grey-Black € 9.000,00
                                                      CT2300 2 x 300W Class A/B, Rack-advantaged chassis design,
                                                      Thermostatically controlled cooling, USB/RS232 control Grey-Black € 6.500,00
                                                      CTM600 1 x 600W Class A/B Mono, Rack-advantaged chassis design,
                                                      Thermostatically controlled cooling, USB/RS232 control Grey-Black € 6.500,00
                                                      CTM300 1 x 300W Class A/B Mono, Rack-advantaged chassis design,
                                                      Thermostatically controlled cooling, USB/RS232 control Grey-Black € 5.000,00
                                                      CTSSP Pre-amp, 10 channel, HDMI1.3b, 1080p @ 24/50/60fsp
                                                      36 bit, upgradable DSP module, Touchscreen, RS232
                                                      Rack-advantaged chassis design, Thermostatically
                                                      controlled cooling, USB/RS232 control Grey-Black € 9.000,00

Comment

• Blue-Eyes
                                                        • Dec 2002

Please put the European prices in the first post.

I think it would be very handy!
                                                        ------------------------------------------------------
                                                        Never drive faster than your Angel can fly!

Comment

• hifiguymi
                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Blue-Eyes
                                                          Please put the European prices in the first post.

I think it would be very handy!
                                                          I don't have them. If I did, I could put them there.

Eric

Comment

• mjb
                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                            • Mar 2005

Post #27 is the EU prices.
                                                            - Mike

Main System:
                                                            B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                                                            Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• wettou
                                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                                              • May 2006

Originally posted by mjb
                                                              Post #27 is the EU prices.
                                                              Glad I live in the US European prices are OTW out of this world :E

Any one had experience with the CT series yet

Comment

• wettou
                                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                                • May 2006

Originally posted by Maarten
                                                                Prices Eu:Custom Theater Series

CT5200 5 x 200W Class A/B, Rack-advantaged chassis design,
                                                                Thermostatically controlled cooling, Touch screen,
                                                                USB/RS232 control Grey-Black € 9.000,00
                                                                Just a correction: ops: There is no such thing as the CT5200 but instead there is a CT5300 and no Touch screen it is an amp after all.

CT-5300

CT amplifiers come with their own adjustable rack rails and a separate faceplate designed to conceal all mounting hardware along the sides of the rack. The rails adapt easily to common rack depths while providing front to back support of the chassis. Hidden inside, our unique Intelligent Cooling Tunnel, or ICTunnel™ (pronounced Icy Tunnel) architecture and related circuitry quietly controls the amplifier temperature, ensuring
                                                                optimum performance and reliability in enclosed, poorly ventilated environments. Conventional high-end amplifiers use heatsinks with high thermal mass that rely on convection to cool the active circuits. They are slow to heat up and slow to cool down. Eventually they heat up their environment and as the air around them gets hotter, they become part of the problem. For this reason, high-powered amps and racks or cabinets don’t easily mix.

Conventional heatsinks are simply shaped pieces of metal, relying on placement and ambient air to extract heat from the amplifier. The ICTunnel™ is more sophisticated, acting like the human hypothalamus regulating body temperature. The ICTunnel™ utilizes an aluminum bonded-fin heatsink, of the kind used in high powered medical, laser and test equipment. It exploits the principle of low thermal mass, so it heats quickly but can also be cooled quickly. Inside its relatively small size are fins providing nearly 31 square feet of surface area. The key to its operation is how the fins are spaced—as close as possible to each other to maximize the surface area inside the tunnel, but not so close as to heat each other. The ICTunnel™ utilizes a noiseless fan along with pressure and temperature sensors to maintain the amplifier’s target temperature.

The CT series has everything you would expect from the world’s best amplifiers. They are designed for lifetime reliability. They have the power to effortlessly control the lowest impedances imaginable. They have the finesse to resolve the infinitely minute details that are the DNA of great sound. But CT amplifiers add a new dimension. For the first time the world’s best amplifiers can go right where you need them – in the home theater rack.

All tests un-weighted and 500kHz measurement bandwidth (except SNR).

Model CT-5300 Frequency response 1Hz – 80kHz, -3dB
                                                                Output power 300W rms into 8Ω (24.8 dBW)
                                                                Harmonic Distortion <0.002% at 1 kHz balanced
                                                                <0.004% at 1 kHz single ended
                                                                Peak Output Voltage 167V peak to peak, 53V rms no load
                                                                156V peak to peak,
                                                                48V rms into 8Ω Input Impedance 50kΩ balanced / single ended Voltage gain 29dB balanced / single ended Input level at clipping 2.1V rms balanced / single ended
                                                                Intermodulation Distortion >90dB below fundamental into 8Ω balanced / single ended
                                                                >85dB below fundamental into 4Ω balanced / single ended

Signal to Noise Ratio -116dB at peak output into 8Ω
                                                                Measurement Bandwidth: 22kHz Output impedance 0.03Ω @ 1kHz Rated power consumption 1020W @ 1/8th power into 8Ω
                                                                Width (including faceplate) 19” (483mm)
                                                                Width (excluding faceplate) 17” (432mm)
                                                                Depth (excluding connectors) 23.625” (569mm)
                                                                Height 8.75” (221mm)
                                                                Gross weight 140lbs (59.5kg) "It is heavier than me" :B
                                                                Net weight 113lbs (51.25kg)
                                                                Mains voltage Specified on rear panel

Comment

• Maarten
                                                                  • Jan 2010

Oke, It was just a copy/paste from what someone from B&W Netherlands send me.

pricelist attached.
                                                                  Attached Files

Comment

• wettou
                                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                                    • May 2006

Originally posted by Maarten
                                                                    Oke, It was just a copy/paste from what someone from B&W Netherlands send me.

pricelist attached.
                                                                    Same prices in US$ who Europe is much more expensive 30% more based on EX Rates
                                                                    Last edited by wettou; 13 May 2010, 23:29 Thursday.

Comment

• ray5
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Dec 2008

Here are the current Classe retail prices in US Dollars as of October 1st, 2009.

CA-2100 $4,000.00
                                                                      CA-2200 $5,500.00
                                                                      CA-3200 $6,500.00
                                                                      CA-5100 $5,500.00
                                                                      CA-5200 $9,000.00
                                                                      CA-M400 $5,500.00ea
                                                                      CA-P2100 $5,500.00

CP-500 $4,000.00 (discontinued)
                                                                      CP-700 $6,000.00

SSP-800 $9,000.00

CDP-102 $4,500.00
                                                                      CDP-202 $7,000.00
                                                                      CDT-300 $5,000.00
                                                                      CDP-300 $7,000.00
                                                                      CDP-502 $8,500.00

CT-SSP $9,000.00
                                                                      CT-M600 $6,500.00
                                                                      CT-M300 $5,000.00
                                                                      CT-5300 $9,000.00
                                                                      CT-2300 $6,500.00

Phono Modules $500.00pr

Omega Mono $17,500.00ea

Eric

Edit on 12.1.09 for removal of SSP-600 and SSP-300, note about CP-500 being discontinued, and price change on CP-700.
                                                                      Can Eric or someone update this with the new releases?
                                                                      Thanks,
                                                                      Ray

Comment

• wettou
                                                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                                                        • May 2006

Prices are now likely to go up as the products will be made in China :B

Comment

• rompower
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • May 2008

lollll yeah :P more profit!! more profit! Désolant!

Comment

Working...
                                                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                          Search Result for "|||"