X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

Onkyo A-9555 Integrated (Digital) Amp

I've been casually shopping for an integrated amp lately, and came across several good write-ups on the Onkyo A-9555. It comes in silver or black, and lists for $699, but can be easily found for $499 from several online retailers.

I decided to give it a shot, and received mine yesterday. Didn't waste any time setting it up to get in a listen, and I must say that I am very impressed with this amp. It is replacing a B&K separates setup, so that I can clear some space in my cabinet.

This amp looks and feels very substantial (28 lbs). The sound quality, especially considering the price, is very nice. Excellent clarity and bass, and I couldn't even turn it up half-way before it filled my large great room with sound! This is my first 'digital' (Class D) amp, and I am very happy with it so far.

Included a picture (in silver) and a link to more information on the Onkyo web site.

Onkyo A-9555
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Blindamood; 09 November 2007, 13:46 Friday.
    Brad
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Looks to be a nice piece. Congrats on scoring one!

Have you tried the phono input yet?
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Blindamood
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by John Holmes
      Have you tried the phono input yet?
      Don't have a turntable currently (well, I do, but a really old cheap one...). I still have a peach crate full of albums, though, so I hope to get one in the near future. It's nice to at least have the option.
      Brad

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Ah, I thought you brought it up before that you owned one. My turntable is cheap and old (Sony PS-T22), not great, but still very enjoyable!

Well I'm glad the Onkyo is fitting the bill. For it to replace your B&K seperates (I own a Ref 50) it must be pretty darn good.
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"