X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Like a nice APC power station?

APC, a flagship brand of Schneider Electric, provides clean battery back-up power, surge protection, and IT physical infrastructure inside and outside the traditional IT environment to deliver ‘Certainty in a Connected World’

These have power leveling too. Makes sure your equipment always gets 120v. This is what I plan to get as it seems to be better then the Belkin and Monster alternatives for less money. If you froogle for it I'm pretty sure I found the nicer model for like under 300? May be mistaken though.

Comment

• dknightd
      • Mar 2006

You are not supposed to let the smoke escape - often only the factory can put it back in - sometimes the whole unit has to be replaced (as you've found). Smoke is sneaky stuff, sometimes it can escape through no fault of the owner. Once the smoke escapes the equipment never seems to work quite as well

Comment

• Glen B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dougie085
        Like a nice APC power station?

APC, a flagship brand of Schneider Electric, provides clean battery back-up power, surge protection, and IT physical infrastructure inside and outside the traditional IT environment to deliver ‘Certainty in a Connected World’

These have power leveling too. Makes sure your equipment always gets 120v. This is what I plan to get as it seems to be better then the Belkin and Monster alternatives for less money. If you froogle for it I'm pretty sure I found the nicer model for like under 300? May be mistaken though.
        I would love to see what's inside the APC. I suspect it is not much different from other similar products. They all employ similar technology -- an autoformer with taps to correct voltage variations, MOVs for surge/spike protection, and LC networks consisting of small toroid chokes and caps for the noise filtration.

Comment

• GregLett
          • May 2005

Originally posted by dknightd
          You are not supposed to let the smoke escape - often only the factory can put it back in - sometimes the whole unit has to be replaced (as you've found). Smoke is sneaky stuff, sometimes it can escape through no fault of the owner. Once the smoke escapes the equipment never seems to work quite as well
          I unpacked it in the office and turned it on.. my heart was racing.
          Greg

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Actually the Monster and Belkin ones don't correct the voltage from everything I've read. Thats why I wanted to go with the APC.

Comment

• GregLett
              • May 2005

APC AV Black 1kVA H Type Power Conditioner 120V
              I may get this model. I'm only going to put the CD player and
              pre through it. That should be enough no?
              Greg

Comment

• Hdale85
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

Yeah should be fine. You aren't going to put the amp on it? even if you do it should be plenty.

Comment

• GregLett
                  • May 2005

Originally posted by Dougie085
                  Yeah should be fine. You aren't going to put the amp on it? even if you do it should be plenty.
                  No the amp is by the speakers and the cd/pre is near the seating position.
                  Greg

Comment

• soundhound
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Glen B
                    I would love to see what's inside the APC. I suspect it is not much different from other similar products. They all employ similar technology -- an autoformer with taps to correct voltage variations, MOVs for surge/spike protection, and LC networks consisting of small toroid chokes and caps for the noise filtration.
                    In passive devices yes, but don't forget APC makes some pretty wicked active units as well.

Comment

• Glen B
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by GregLett
                      Some day I'll play with the big boys Let us know how you like it.
                      I received word from the dealer today that I am supposed to be getting the SA-11S2 on Tuesday. I can't wait.:dancenana:
                      Last edited by Glen B; 26 October 2007, 23:36 Friday.

Comment

• GregLett
                        • May 2005

call me nuts

So after having the 740 in my system four about two weeks, taking it over to my buddy for an audition, prompting him to buy the 840 I couldn't stand it anymore. I also made the mistake of auditioning a classr ca2200 in my system. The speakers loved the extra power the atayen never had such slam.
                        The end result? I sold my amp and player to raise cash for a new amp and 840 player. Got the amp on agon last night, will be able to get the player in a few weeks.
                        Greg

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"