X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saiko
    • Feb 2007

Power amplifier For Paradigm 100 Studio v.3

Now i have Paradigm 100 Studio V3 and integrate amp - Nad 320 (2 channel setup). It's not very well sound union, because this amp is too poor power and shitty soap sound. Now i'd like to buy power amp for my acoustics. I will use it without preamplifier: from quality sound cart direct to power amp.

Measurements of Studio 100 represent here: http://www.stereophile.com/floorloud...gm/index2.html
    So, if its help to choose, i listen only electronic music.

I have about 2000$ for new amp, and see for models: Adcom 5500, Parasound A21 and Rotel RB 1080 (Adcom 5800 and Rotel 1090 is too big box for me). I try to listen this models with Studio 100, but unfortunately can't find any place in my city, where i can do it.

I used search on this nice forum, and find some interesting opinions about var combinations. But, i still have no answer for myself - what is the best choice? Please, guys could you advise: what is the best amp in combination to Studio 100?

In advance thanx a lot!
    Last edited by saiko; 07 February 2007, 16:11 Wednesday.
  • dknightd
    • Mar 2006

All three amps are a good match to your speakers. As it happens all three were on my watch list for used amps to go with my B&W 703 speakers (similar in many ways to your studio 100s). I suspect any would do a find job for you. The other I was considering was the Odyssey Designs Stratos or dual monoblocks. To be honest I think in the end the differences between these amp would be small. They are all solid amps, maybe not real high end, but close enough for most, and a good price match to our speakers.
    BTW, there is nothing wrong with your NAD320, it just doesn't have the power that your speakers want.

I ended up with the adcom 5500. Mostly because it was the first I came across used in good condition, for a good price, and the seller happened to be local. I'm happy enough with this amp for now. One feature it has that the others don't are distrotion indicators. There are little lights that flash when distortion gets above 1%. Sometimes when I have friends over and we crank tunes and drink distortion gets hard to hear, so the little lights are handy to prevent clipping.
    If I was buying new I'd probably look closer at the Parasound and Odeyssey offerings. I'd like to have balanced inputs which the adcom lacks.

Comment

• DL86
      • Sep 2005

I am currently running a rotel rb-1090 and find it to be an excellent match, considering you don't like the big enclosure you might want to try a rb-1092 if you have the $$$ for it. I used to run my 100's with a rb-1080 but found there to be a noticable improvement with the rb-1090 especially when driven hard.

Comment

• speedle
        • Dec 2006

I like the Rotel you mentioned with my Paradigm 60's. It "dries" out the Paradigm sound just a wee bit, which is a good thing. Good bass control as well.

Comment

• saiko
          • Feb 2007

Thank you very much, guys! I believe, that Rotel 1090 is very good amp, but its very big device for my setup...out of space. Now i give preference to Parasound A21.

Is anybody there listen A21 with Paradigm acoustics, please could you give a response on this combination?
          Last edited by saiko; 10 February 2007, 13:52 Saturday.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"