Help - Best Adcom HT Amp Wiring to HTM2 ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yyz
    • Jun 2008

Help - Best Adcom HT Amp Wiring to HTM2 ?

I recently purchased an Adcom GFA6000 amp with Ace615 line conditioner.
    The 6000 is primarily designed for home theater with three (L+C+R) 100w and two (L+R surr) amp sections.

I already have an Adcom GFA555II driving my main L+R channels so the 6000 is purely for my HT speakers.

My question is, given that the center channel is the most important in a HT setup, I'm reserving the most wattage and best use of the GFA6000 to drive my B&W HTM2 which has a (relatively) low 88db sensitivity rating at 120w max.

Note that each amp in the 6000 has discreet variable output controls.

Possible configs
    1 100w (using jumpers)
    Bi-amp configs
    2 100w
    1 100w to bass mid + 1 60w to nautilus
    1 60w to bass mid + 1 60w to nautilus

Also, please comment on bi-wiring these possible configs. I'm using all 15' 10g uage OFC (can't afford much else at that length).

Also what is your honest opinion of this amp for driving the HTM2 - lesser or adequate quality power? Sub $1k upgrade recommendations. (note I only have space for a single HT amp).

Thanks for any suggestions or advice.
    Sincerely, Mark.
    Last edited by yyz; 01 June 2008, 12:28 Sunday. Reason: tweaking text
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"