X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rtu0894
    • Nov 2007

Amp indecision...

A quick question for someone willing to answer. Wanting to upgrade slightly but can't decide. Now I'm running adcom 565 pre amp, adcom 555II amp and infinity kappa 9's. What would be the better choice: Two adcom 565 monoblocks or a Rotel RB 1090? any help?
  • spyboy
    • Jun 2005

My sense is that Adcom is slightly warmer than Rotel. I prefer Rotel.

Comment

• Bob
      • Jul 2000

Personally, I don't think you will find much, if any sonic improvement with either choice. There are upgrades and then there are minor changes to one's system. What you are considering is more along the lines of a change but, not really an upgrade. Just a change for the sake of changing.

If you are really itching to upgrade, give us a complete rundown of your system, what you want to hear different, and what your financial resources are. The members here may be able to save you from wasting those resources. God knows, I spent a fortune learning by trial and error and have a pretty good idea what matters and what doesn't.

Better to really know what you are trying to achieve than to experiment with random changing of components.

Comment

• twitch54
        • Apr 2006

I agree with Bob, but if memory serves me right aren't the Kappa 9's bi-amp capable ?? Regardless, knowing what your budget is would help, but given your two choices you mentioned, I would take the mono block set-up with the Adcom over the Rotel. I owned a 1090 and while it was OK for the $$ spent, namely because of being built in China, there are better choices if your funds allow.
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"