X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eisenhower
    • Oct 2006

Good speaker stands?

My DIY speaker stands, built off of the tntaudio.com "stubby" design, just fell apart, *almost* destroying the modula's that were on top of them. They were pretty wobbly, and an unfortunate bump actually caused the wieght of the speaker to split the base in half.

I'm not sure I want to try and modify the stands and rebuild them, the design is inherently unstable by my inspection.

Anyways, I had my eye on some of the partsexpress stands:

also these lovans look like a good deal:

Which one would be suitable for a pair of modulas?
    fyi these things get bumped into alot. Sturdiness is top priority.
  • krek
    • Jun 2005

I do not know if you have the possibility to buy Atacama stands where you live. But you should check out these:

I use them to hold up a pair of B&W 602's which are really chunky. I have filled the stand posts with small stones (from a gardening shop). Furthermore I used tape (sticky at both sides, bought at a hardware shop) between the speaker and the Atacama's. This combination is very stable indeed. It gave the 602's a sonic boost too.

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Certainly I would encourage you to use the click through at top of site to buy the Parts Express stands, please use clickthrough if you do.

But I also will say-

I have a pair of Lovans that are pretty nice stands. Mine are Ballet II's. My side speakers reside on them. I also have some Lovan rack sections (Soviergn) I think they are. These hold an amp, and 2 stacked hold Xbox 360 and center speaker under front projection.
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"