X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pearsall001
    • Dec 2005

REL- Subwoofers / any opinions?

Anyone have any experience with them? I've been looking at their R series. From what I've read they are quite good. Just looking for some feedback from any REL owners.
  • Briz vegas
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

I'm happy with my Strata 5, but its main duty is for music as per the ST series brief. I have not heard the R series, but I understand they are tuned a little more for movies.

Hows the CJ going. I've had one guy rushing out to buy a tube pre-amp after listening to mine (PV15 was too expensive for his budget)

If you do go REL and you use both high and low level connections don't be tempted to wire the high level connection positive to negative to balance out your pre-amps reversed phase - its a quick way of blowing the output stage on your power amp.

Nakamichi say that their power amp will handle being shorted out almost indefinitely - I can confirm that almost indefinitely means about a month before the poor thing gives up. Every time I think about it I kick myself- but the amp is fixed now.
    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
    Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• comeup
      • Jul 2005

Have the Q201E (love it) small powerful and tight great for music no boom at all. It is also great for movies you only hear the lows when your suppose too.
      Blake

Comment

• joetama
        • May 2006

I heard one and have wanted one ever since. They are tight and low. Very powerful and clean little guy. My problem is the one I heard was at a friends house, and there are no dealers I can find locally ......
        -Joe

Comment

• alebonau
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Oct 2005

I demoed the stadium 3 instore. I've no doubt it was the incompetance of the dealer that it left me unimpressed of its capabilities either with ht or 2ch. Its a beautifully built & looking sub. in the consumer subs and unless you go custom infact I'd go as far as saying I havent come across anything built any better.

the rels are one of the very few brands that allow the same sub to be used for both 2ch and ht.

My suggestion would be to somehow try get a demo of the rell your considering at home. subs are somethign you'd need to spend a weekend with atleast to properley setup at home and get a feel for jsut how good it is.
          "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• bigburner
            Super Senior Member
            • May 2005

My main music buddy owns a REL Storm 5 sub and it's excellent for music (tight and fast) but probably less well suited to HT (limited slam).

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"