X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • malcky
    • Jun 2004

using 2 Rel subwoofers?

Hello folks,

I have a Rel Q100e subwoofer and want to add a second subwoofer, i would have liked to use a second Rel Q100e but these are no longer made and would only be able to get 2nd hand but even then they are like gold dust.

so, would using a differant Rel model sub be ok or would that make the sound a bit off?

thanks

kit: Rotel 1068, 3 Crimson 100w monblock amps, Crimson 100w stereo amp, Rel Q100e, Sony 930 dvd player, Rotel cd player, Sanyo plv Z2 projector, 32" tv, 2 pairs of AVI Nu Nuetrons speakers, B&W CC6 center speaker.
  • K.K.
    • Jul 2005

I use two REL Q200E, which I prefer to using one sub. Without having first hand experience on this, I'll expect that using the Q series e.g. the Q150E will go better with your Q100E. I think this may give a better blending than one of the ST subs.

Comment

• malcky
      • Jun 2004

how far apart are your 2 subs from each other - one at each side of room or one at each side of your av gear?

Comment

• K.K.
        • Jul 2005

In my case, next to each of my front speakers. I actually listen to audio more than HT - so they're hooked up to the R & L line in (pre-outs from my amp)respectively. For HT, they're also hooked up at line level to the processor's LFE. I don't have any complains on the sound - integration with my front speakers are to my satisfaction using BFD.

Comment

• sprout
          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by malcky
          Hello folks,

I have a Rel Q100e subwoofer and want to add a second subwoofer, i would have liked to use a second Rel Q100e but these are no longer made and would only be able to get 2nd hand but even then they are like gold dust.
          You can get them second hand without too much trouble.
          They pop up on ebay and sell for anything between £150 & £250.
          I own two Q100E's that were used as a pair to great effect.
          I am currently using different subs (singally/different) and will decide which to keep (REL stadium III or Velodyne DD10 ver 2.0)

I will be selling both my Q100E's (boxed manuals leads etc) and one or the other of the above.

Cheers

sprout

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"