X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nima0501
    • Feb 2006

Velodyne Subwoofers

I recently decided that I would buy a pair of B&w 602 s3's and was wondering what kind of subwoofer would match well with them. I have tried several subs from B&W and was very pleased but have heard many say that velodyne, rel, and other brands were more geared towards music.

I was mainly wondering if anyone had listened to the Velodyne DPS 10 or 12 and if that sub would go well with my stereo setup but other suggestions would be very helpful too.
    Thanks
  • Kirium
    • Sep 2005

I've got 602S3s and a Velo SPL-1000R. I think it's a great combo, but it depends on what your ears like....

Comment

• Guy
      • Jan 2006

I'm also using a Velodyne spl-1000R with my 805s. The sub sounds great and integrates well with the speakers.

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Likewise. I have the SPL-800R with my 805s. Good match. These subs can REALLY blast when needed. But the sealed construction makes them really do well with all types of music.
        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• stewfoo
          • Jul 2005

Velodyne Digital Drive or BUST!
          Stew

Comment

• nikos
            • Dec 2005

I was sold on the DD-12 but someone in the audio business told me that I can get the HGS-12X instead and then later on add the eq unit which is also sold separately.

Is this wise??? Is the EQ all I'm giving up?

The sub is to compliment my 604's LCR600, and CDS6's...
            Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC

Comment

• akhter
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by nikos
              I was sold on the DD-12 but someone in the audio business told me that I can get the HGS-12X instead and then later on add the eq unit which is also sold separately.

Is this wise??? Is the EQ all I'm giving up?

The sub is to compliment my 604's LCR600, and CDS6's...
              Off-topic, and will be moderated somewhere else, but to answer your question, I had a similar question, but once a very knowledgeable dealer explained the situation to me (and gave me a 40% discount) I went with a DD-12. Basically I wanted to get a REL sub ($1900) and get the Velo SMS-1 ($700), think I'd get the performance like that of a DD-12, but what the tricky thing is that the digital drive software in the in the DD-12 talks directly with the servo, which makes the DD more accurate. Basically, its not only the eq'ing the system, but making sure that the eq's are being honored by regulating the servo. Its like having a traction control system that controls the torque to keep the car in control, vs a traction control system that control torque as well as apply brakes on each individual wheels. I don't know why i used an automobile analogy, but hope it help.

Comment

• nima0501
                • Feb 2006

Thanks for the help guys! I am definately going to have to look a little more into this make of subwoofer

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"