X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silverstar
    • Apr 2017

Claase Sigma SSP and Rel S3 connection issue

Anyone out there have experience connecting the Sigma SSP with Rel S3 subwoofer in 5.1 setup? I connect using both the Sigma SSP "sub out" RCA to Rel S3 .1 LFE input and also using the Rel high level speaker connection to the front left and right speaker connection at the Amp output. When I configure the front left and right speaker to "full" and subwoofer enable at the Sigma SSP as recommended by Rel, I will lost all mid bass when watching movie. If I disable the sub at the Sigma SSP, and using only the Rel high level speaker connection, the mid bass come back but I am not getting the a good low level effect when there is a 0.1 track. I called Rel, they said this connection is what they recommend. I called Classe, they said I cannot have both .1 LFE and high level speaker connection at the same time. I appreciate if anyone can provide some help here.
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

I wouldn't bother with the high level connection, there is no point in it if you have your crossover on the SSP set properly. I suspect the issue is to do with the distance between speaker and sub meaning that where both speaker and sub are playing the same frequencies they are out of phase and cancelling each other out.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"