X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

any nice media racks out there?

I am looking to get a new rack for my CDs and HD DVDs, anyone know of any cool rack suggestions?
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Are you looking for something that is floor based, wall-mounted, looks more like furniture, exposing DVDs, etc?

Try out www.racksandstands.com. There are other great sites, and some other great furniture, but it depends on what you're looking for.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Parsonsk
      • Nov 2004

What about having your equipment in a closet?
      I'm finishing my basement and plan to have a dedicated closet and have it accesible on the back side in an adjacent room for wires and connections.
      (I realize that it will require proper venting etc)

Comment

• Ralph
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Parsonsk
        What about having your equipment in a closet?
        I'm finishing my basement and plan to have a dedicated closet and have it accesible on the back side in an adjacent room for wires and connections.
        (I realize that it will require proper venting etc)

We install equiptment in closets all the time. Works great if you have the space & can afford the extra wire length.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

I agree, always a good idea. My dream house includes a closet or very small room that would be a central hub for the house electronics--audio/video equipment, telephone distribution, internet, TV hookups, cable, satellite, security, automation, etc. If it's a closet/small room, you can just have air flowing through and always keep it cool for all the electronics in there.

My current theater uses an "alcove" on the side of the room that houses all my equipment and media. I close it off with heavy blackout curtains. Works fantastic, with lots of benefits to the room. If you want to know more, I'll keep going.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"