X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

New Boxed Set Media rack

Ok, you ask, what's a boxed set media rack?

Answer:

Any rack that you only put boxed sets on of course. :lol:

Here is one I've adapted to be my boxed set rack only. I liked it's relatively small footprint, and the ease with which these bakers style racks go together. I've got quite a few larger racks like this. Like 6 larger ones, and a few smaller ones. My test system even resides on one. I use quite a few in my cable biz, and a few for personal stuff too.

I left a couple of shelves for CDs, and the rest is for box sets. I really don't have to much spare space, so I may pick up a second one later for future expansion.

Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

So, media storage don't get you guys excited huh? Well, tough, I'm excited, to finally be accumulating all my boxed sets in 1 place. 2 CD rows left over too. I'll decide about the posters and location soon, but not today.

With me with the flu, I would not recommend critiquing my photo, which was quick and dirty. Admittedly so.

I'll probably get a second shelve unit like this. I rather much like it, and who knows could become unavailable later on. FYI, you could join 2, even 3 or more of these at the hip if you wanted to and do a wall. It's just the shelves would have to be at different levels, and yes you'd have left over poles.
    Doug

Comment

• Burke Strickland
      • Sep 2001

After trying a separate storage location for boxed sets for a while, I've found that I prefer to put my movie boxed sets in their alphabetic place in my "general" DVD storage. Since I built my shelving system with adequate space between shelves to accomodate them, there is no problem doing this. Of course, the box set titles takes precedence over individual movie titles in establishing their places on the shelves (e.g., "The Marilyn Monroe Collection" goes in the "M"s, instead of the "S"s for "The Seven Year Itch" -- I ignore "The", "An" and "A" in my alphabetiazing scheme).

On the other hand, since I separate TV titles from movie titles, and almost all the TV titles are in boxed sets, the TV section is pretty much a boxed set area.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Most of mine are TV as well. I found though that I did not have a need to load most of these sets in my 300 disc changers. Instead, I've opted to save space by keeping these separate. My dual 300 disc changers are not much more than a file system now, without cases. I generally just use them to find DVDs I want, then remove the DVD and play in my single disc player, then put back in the file system when done with it. Usually they are older by the time they make it to the file system, have been viewed at least once, and could be said to be archived as much as anything. I generally box some cases after my revolving DVD storage rack gets full and put the DVDs in the changers. Actually, almost an entire changer is empty. But someday will get filled more, as required.

So, I figure I am ok up to about a thousand discs plus box sets.
        Doug

Comment

• dyazdani
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Oct 2005

Doug,

I have the same rack though it holds both single movies and boxed sets. They're pretty nice, not too expensive either.

As I'm accumulating more tools, I'm thinking of building some of my own.
          Danish

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"