X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dotay
    • Oct 2004

Examples of equipment racks and/or tv stands

I'm looking to put my recently purchased BT3100 to work by making a new TV stand and equipment rack. I have a general idea of what I want but I am always looking for inspiration.

I really like this rack from av123.

Click image for larger version

Name:	furniture_2.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	943908

I would probably substitute black wood for the glass and use cherry for the wood parts.

Feel free to post DIY designs along with commercial designs you like. :T
    Last edited by theSven; 03 July 2023, 23:12 Monday. Reason: Update image location and link
  • Dotay
    • Oct 2004

Doh, that picture was supposed to show up bigger. Just click on that link for reference if you're interested.

Comment

• JoshK
      • Mar 2005

I really like what chris futrick of timbernation.com does with equipment racks. He has made a lot of different types of racks out of solid woods for a lot of audiophiles and such. His prices are reasonable and he does good work. I bought a bunch of platforms from him and am building my own rack. He is a genuinely nice guy too.

There is a thread on audiocircle.com, under market square with a bunch of examples he did and Q&A. But his site has a lot of examples too.

Comment

• JonW
        Super Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

Oooo, I really like those timbernation ones. :T

I'm almost done making my own rack or shelves. I'll post all the details when it's 100% done, probably next week. Here's a teaser photo...

Image not available
        Last edited by theSven; 03 July 2023, 23:09 Monday. Reason: Remove broken image link

Comment

• Dennis H
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Aug 2002

The timbernation ones do look nice but, at his prices, a DIYer can make pretty good wages. Solid hardwood is MUCH easier to work with than MDF and veneer. A belt sander is your friend and can fix any booboos. You can buy the wood panels already glued up and sanded flat and that's the hardest part. Here are a couple of links if they aren't available locally at a reasonable price.

A butcher block countertop is a beautiful addition to any kitchen. View our selection today to find your new countertop.

Comment

• ---k---
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Nov 2005

Wierd, I was thinking about posting something similar to this today! I was going to hold off until I could add a new photo of my room.

I've outgrown my current CMU & MDF tv stand/entertainment center. Was trying to hold out untill I got an HDTV, but I think the time has come to build something. I just haven't decided if a nice wood rack is the way to go and where I would put it, or if I want something I can put the TV ontop of with all the gear under. And, I'm consdiring going with equipement rack in the back of the room. To many options!
            - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
            CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
            CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

How hard would it be to build an lcd/plasma mount on a sort of pole. Kind of like this?

Dell provides technology solutions, services & support. Buy Laptops, Touch Screen PCs, Desktops, Servers, Storage, Monitors, Gaming & Accessories

There was another I like somewhere but it was like 900 bucks i think? But basically i live in an apartment and i dont want to drill into the walls but i want a tv stand that'll just hold the LCD and then an equipment rack elsewhere. Of course a shelf for the center might be nice. But any idea's or scetches? I'm kind of thinking about it my self just have a lot of other planning going on right now with my speakers and what not, but i almost have all that planned out.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"