X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swilliams97
    • Jul 2005

1068 Problem with video switching

I am using a demo 1068 processor until my 1098 arrives and have a DVD and HD DVR from Time Warner attached with component cables and then outputting to the TV through Monitor out with component cables. When watching the Cable input, every few minutes the video will drop out for several seconds and the reappear as if the 1068 is reacquiring the signal. If I replay the problem scene, it drops out at the same spot so it seems to be an issue with the 1068 picking up the signal from the cable box at that point. If I bypass the 1068 and go directly to the TV the scene plays normally. I had heard another member mentioned a problem with video switching, is this a known problem? Any ideas? By the way, I had demo'd a 1098 for a week and hadn't noticed this problem.
  • Spearmint
    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Swilliams97
    I am using a demo 1068 processor until my 1098 arrives and have a DVD and HD DVR from Time Warner attached with component cables and then outputting to the TV through Monitor out with component cables. When watching the Cable input, every few minutes the video will drop out for several seconds and the reappear as if the 1068 is reacquiring the signal. If I replay the problem scene, it drops out at the same spot so it seems to be an issue with the 1068 picking up the signal from the cable box at that point. If I bypass the 1068 and go directly to the TV the scene plays normally. I had heard another member mentioned a problem with video switching, is this a known problem? Any ideas? By the way, I had demo'd a 1098 for a week and hadn't noticed this problem.
    Have you checked out this Thread?
    Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Since there's multiple issues in that thread (PAL, PROGRESSIVE, etc) here's the short answer.

For any source resolution higher than 480i (basically Progressive DVD and anything HD), you have to tell the processor.

In the setup menu is a setting labeled PROGRESSIVE. In the case of the 1068 it can be set for every combination of video's 1, 2, & 3. If your DVD and HD are on Video 1 & 3, cycle through to you see V1+V3.. Basically match up what inputs are HD and/or progressive.

If you have all ready set these, then there's probably a problem with the video board..

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"