X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • len73
    • Jan 2005

What sub for Kef iQs ?

Hello everyone !

Will be going to my dealer this we to listen up to different systems, and am still not fixed which sub to take ...

System will be installed in a small room (arround 12 square meters) and should (!) consist of : Rotel 1068+1075, Kefs iQ9, iQ6c and iQ7 + SUB

So my question is : what sub do you think would pass the best together with the Kef and the room size ?

Was considering the Kef PSW3500 or the Yamaha YST-SW1500.

Any advice or comment ?

Thanks in advance,

Len
  • len73
    • Jan 2005

Me again...

Just back from auditioning at my dealer. Was a REAL pleasure. KEF's are no longer on my list. After several hours of intense listening, the two last brand that are on my list are : Monitor Audio and Phonar (a small company that builds AMAZING speakers !!).
    The difference between the iQ's and the Silver RS8 and Phonar 20II where astonishing ! The iQ's were totally blown away, unprecise, lacking of clarity and of punch ! No kidding !
    I didn't tought there could be such a difference, espcially because of the same price range.

The Monitor Audio were so much precise and punchier. The most incredible speaker to listen to were the Phonar 40II : if you have once the opportunity to listen to these, DO NOT HESITATE, you won't be disappointed !

This week-end I just learned something : instead of reading thousands of articles, a good listening session with your own ears overtake everything else.

For information: all speakers where running on ROTEL electronics (separates)

So to answer to my own thread : Kef iQ's = no way ! But I'm still looking for a very good sub...Any suggestion will be highly appreciated... Considering de Martin Logan Depth at the moment ...

Len

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"