X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clepto
    • Feb 2006

12V Triggering a 1077

So, from the 1077 manual:

"The jack labeled IN is for connecting the 3.5mm Plug/Cable carrying a +12 volt trigger signal to turn the amplifier on and off...
    This input accepts any control signal (AC or DC) ranging from 3 volts to 30 volts.

So does this mean I can actually use a 3V AC Adapter instead of a 12V one? I'm basically looking to hook up an AC Adapter to my receiver's switched power outlet, and figured I should use the lowest power rating possible.

For anyone that's done something similar, have you tried using different voltage settings?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Yes, anything thing in that range AC or DC will work. I would stay away from the extreme ends due to variances in unregulated supplies. IE, a 5v AC or DC would be fine, a 3v may or may not trip it consistently.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Clepto
      • Feb 2006

Ah, thanks for the info. I actually got an adapter that has switchable voltage, from 1.5V - 12V, so I think I'll have my bases covered (:

Comment

• Clepto
        • Feb 2006

Ironically, when I finally went to hook up my receiver to my amp, I notive a '12v controll output' on my receiver... And lo and behold, it functions as a 12v trigger for my amp...

However, when I switch to analog inputs (for sacd/dvd-a) it goes dark. I don't think it's an _actual_ 12v trigger, but I'm not postive...

Anyone ever run into something like that? It's odd since it behaves normally as a 12v trigger, except for when i activate the multichannel inputs on the receiver.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"