X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

Rotel Multiroom/source question

I'm going to be purchasing a new 7.1 system soon(Phase Tech speakers with an SVS sub) and thinking about the Rotel 1056 + amp(something cheap) or the Denon 3805. Given that I might not even be able to go the Rotel route(because of cost as I am unable to go that route unless I get a deal from a dealer), I'm looking at both of my options right now.

One of the things that I need to get is a multiroom setup going. I would like to run a 7.1 setup in my TV Room while also running a set of speakers in another zone(deck speakers or bedroom speakers) off my cd player. I believe this is called Multizone/Multisource right?

I figured that if I buy an amp to make the Rotel 1056 go to 7.1, then I might as well think about an amp with a few more channels so I can power a 2nd zone at the same time. I can do this with the rotel correct?

Or how else would you suggest I do this. Or is it possible?

TIA,
    Shane - Potential Rotel customer.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

If I understand your question (and I think I do) then yes as long as you buy an amp with enough channels to power the home theatre and second zone, there should be no problem

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

if cheap is what you need you can scour the local pawn shops for a used receiver that has 5 on board channels and a multi channel input or look on ebay or audiogon for a used 5 channel amp. You should be able to find a used HK PA5800 for around $300 that's a nice little 5 channel amp.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"