X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kurtholz
    • Feb 2005

problem with DVD -A playback

Hi All

Huge problem, It's sunday morning, rainy, wife went to in-law's with the little one, so i am master & commander of the volume control

just had the Krell showcase hooked up Friday, using a rotel 1060, everything seems to work fine, except. DVD-A won't play, which i can't figure out, they played just fine hooked up thru the Rotel 1067 before,

what could possibly be keeping it from decoding these now?

this is an emergency, you would think the Rotel/Krell dealer would have a 24 hour hotline for these kind of emergencies, free time, and no interference are a premium around my house, hahaha

any help mucho appreciated

thanks

Kurt
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Hi Kurt:

I take it you have all the analog cables between the Rotel and Krell connected? My hunch is that I believe they didn't configure the Krell in the Analog Device setup menu to recognize multi-channel analog audio when it is to be played. It is very obvious in the setup sequence and manual that you have to program the processor for AUTO-MIGRATION "ON" for it to acknowledge and play the signal. Unfortunately, the Krell processor isn't as intuitive as other processors in that most simply allow you to hit a button and away you go. You have to do two things in the setup menu for multi-channel analog audio to function properly. What button are you depressing on the panel or remote to play a DVD-A.

A little more info would be helpful.

Jim
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• kurtholz
      • Feb 2005

Hi Jim

ahhhhh, you solved my problem with your question, analog was turned off, changed that and everything play's again

you saved my sunday, :-)

thanks again

Kurt

Comment

• jimmyp58
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

Glad I could be of assistance. :T
        jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"