X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stringzz
    • Apr 2005

Question to Bryston SP1.7 owners

I just picked up a used SP1.7 yesterday. Had some questions to any users out there.

When I turn on my Cd player, I switch the mode to Pass-through, but when I turn the unit off or switch to another mode and go back to CD, it goes to PLII mode. Why doesn't it save the last setting I had?

Has anyone used the 12 volt trigger? It accepts bare wire? Did the unit come with a trigger wire? Any suggestions to hooking up to an amp with a 1.8 mini plug?

Thanks for your help!
  • Adz
    • Jan 2004

stringzz

Let me introduce you to the Bryston Owners Circle.
    The moderator, James Tanner, is one of the 4 partners that own the Company.
    He is very responsive to both posts and direct emails.
    You purchased a truly audiophile grade product.
    Adz

Comment

• stringzz
      • Apr 2005

Adz,

Wow, never found that site in my many Bryston searches. Thanks so much!

Comment

• eddiem67
        • Jun 2004

Lots of great info, did you get your answer?
        My Car Audio

Comment

• Adz
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by stringzz
          Adz,

Wow, never found that site in my many Bryston searches. Thanks so much!

No problem Jason. I call that a/v networking!
          Again, Bryston is a Canadian privately held company owned by 4 individuals and Tanner, one of the owners, is the moderator on that forum. He also lets a couple of the engineers speak up from time to time. They are currently working on a significant upgrade which will include a new DSP (the TI Aureus) and other software based mods which will probably cost close to a $1,000 (and a hardware upgrade is also in the works) but the good news to take from that is similar to the true high end processors like Lexicon, Meridian and Theta but at a fraction of the cost, you won't need to worry about purchasing a new pre/pro anytime soon! :T
          Adz

Comment

• jimmyp58
            Super Senior Member
            • Aug 2003

Did you 'save' your settings? That is key.

Jim
            jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• stringzz
              • Apr 2005

Hi Jimmy,

I thought it saved the settings during shutdown? At least that is what the LCD readout is saying. Is there some other way to save the settings?

I wasn't able to post my question yet in Audiocircle since it wont allow me to register for some reason. I will try again.

I have the following software installed, which is not the latest I understand:

software v43d
              os v2.01

Comment

• sbank
                • Jun 2004

Hi stringzz,

You need to hit the save button on the remote. I'm not sure what that saving message is when you shut down, but it doesn't do what you think it does.

So I would make all your changes (DSP mode, speaker settings, etc) to a single input (like DVD, or CD, or Sat, etc). And before you switch to something else, hit save on the remote. Then do this for each input. Some things gets carried over to each input, but most things do not.

As for the bare wire, I took a monaural(sp?) 1/8" plug and cut off an end. The plug end I have hooked to my Rotel amps, the other end (the bare wires) I have hooked to the Bryston. I can't remember offhand which wires go where. I think I just did trial and error before I got it to work. I have something like this:

Code:
                Bryston -> bare wire -- 1/8" plug -> Rotel RMB-1075 -> 1/8" plug -- 1/8" plug -> Rotel RB-1080
                --
                Steve

Comment

• stringzz
                  • Apr 2005

sbank,

Yes, I see what you mean by saving via the remote. I was actually without the remote for a few days (long story), so I couldn't save the tweaks. Now it is working fine.

The 12 volt trigger is kinda weird. Most setups seem to have just the 1/8 plug. Although I have seen a few pieces with the bare wire imput, maybe this is just a higher end feature??

On another note, I don't like how the unit autio switches on some material, like when I have the unit on TV/SAT and when I switch tv channels, the unit clicks trying to figure out what audio is present. This also happens on DVD's. Is this issue fixed on the latest software upgrade?

Comment

• jimmyp58
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Aug 2003

Most units will do this. It is perfectly normal.
                    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• sbank
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by stringzz
                      On another note, I don't like how the unit autio switches on some material, like when I have the unit on TV/SAT and when I switch tv channels, the unit clicks trying to figure out what audio is present. This also happens on DVD's. Is this issue fixed on the latest software upgrade?
                      I believe there is an undocumented trick to force this to not try to detect the proper decoding.

Take a look at this link.

This looks like it is exactly your stated problem. (I came across this link a while ago and have it bookmarked. I don't know how one can find this link without knowing the proper URL.)
                      --
                      Steve

Comment

• stringzz
                        • Apr 2005

sbank,

That would exactly fix my problem!!! Thanks so much! :T

It looks like I would have to get the latest software update though to get this since I have v43.

Comment

• stringzz
                          • Apr 2005

I just received the latest software update (version 44f1) and followed the instructions for "digital force" feature. I still hear the clicks. Has anyone used this feature with success? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"