RMB-1075 - to trigger or not to trigger?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stantheman2
    • Apr 2004

RMB-1075 - to trigger or not to trigger?

I have had a 1075 amp for a while now, using an RSX-1056 as a pre/pro. Fantasic sound. The dealer recommended I leave the amp on 100% of the time. However, I only use it about 2 hours/day so it's idling at a fairly warm temperature the other 22 hours.

So, should I use the 12v trigger? Is thermal cycling from on/off worse than a constant warm temp? Also, I know a lot of 1095 owners had real problems (blown fuses) using the trigger, but I haven't read much on the 1075w/trigger. Any opinions/experiences?
  • ICEMAN70
    • Apr 2006

I been using my RMB1075 with a 12v trigger and no problems here. 1075 is a very good and reliable amp, you should be fine using the trigger.

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

I concur, the RMB-1075 is relatively trouble-free. I use the 12v trigger for my 1095, however I don't use it for my RB-1080, I just leave that amp on, well for reasons I'm sure that most know.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

I've 12v triggered my 1095 and 1080 for almost 2 years now. No problems.

*knocking very hard on wood -- well partical wood, does that count?*
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• 2manyremotes
          • Oct 2006

I have a RSP1068 and a RSP976 that have no audio out because of the 12v trigger hooked to the RMB1095. Its was recommended that you never use the trigger for the amp Just leave the amp on. Rotel told me that the 12v trigger could short and take the processor out. They just repaired the amp and thats when this all happened. I had the RSP976 hooked with the 12v trigger for 2 years with no problem until I got the amp back from Rotel (my luck) So no more trigger to the amp for me. And yes the 3.5mm cord was not shorted.

Comment

• pramod
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by 2manyremotes
            I have a RSP1068 and a RSP976 that have no audio out because of the 12v trigger hooked to the RMB1095. Its was recommended that you never use the trigger for the amp Just leave the amp on. Rotel told me that the 12v trigger could short and take the processor out. They just repaired the amp and thats when this all happened. I had the RSP976 hooked with the 12v trigger for 2 years with no problem until I got the amp back from Rotel (my luck) So no more trigger to the amp for me. And yes the 3.5mm cord was not shorted.
            Hello There,

I have recently got my RMB 1075, what do you suggest too use the Trigger or not, I was planning to use the Trigger for on/off, Coz the place where I live has Hot summer clamatic condition for most time of the year.

Comment

• Mark_C.
              • Jan 2003

No question that a trigger for the RMB 1075 will work fine. I've been using one for 5 years without a problem.

Comment

• 2manyremotes
                • Oct 2006

I don't recommend using the trigger for activating any amp. Have had issue with all brands not just Rotel. But many don't act up at all with the 12v trigger but when they do it can take out your processor.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"