X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark-n-b
    • Apr 2005

Classe - HD DVD/Blu-Ray/SACD/DVD-A multi format player

Right then.

With the imminent release of the SSP-800 processor with the new dts and Dolby HD sound decoding etc (eventually), what do you think the chances of Classe releasing a player that can play all these formats:

HD DVD
    Blu-Ray
    SACD
    DVD-A/V

and last but not least

CD.

Any thoughts that anyone has on such a player are very welcome!
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Doubt they would release a combo player.

Comment

• Mark-n-b
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Dougie085
      Doubt they would release a combo player.
      Yeah I doubt it too. Its just that such a player would give the user the maximum flexibility to buy and play media of any type. There is no doubt that other manufacturers will do this at some point (Denon, pioneer etc).

I do own DVD, Blu-ray, CD, SACD and DVD-A disks, I don't own any HD-DVD due to lack of a player. If push came to shove for me, DVD, Blu-ray, CD, SACD playback would be what I would wish for.

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

One main problem for someone like Classe is where to get the drives. Since no one is doing SACD or DVD-A in there BD or HD-DVD players, Classe couldn't build one either. I think the best we could hope for is CD, DVD-V, and one HD format (either BD or HD-DVD). I do believe it will be a while before Classe will get in the HD disc game.

Eric

Comment

• Mark-n-b
          • Apr 2005

Multi format HD video drives already exist, and i cannot see why SACD could not be added - but I think you are right. It could be a long time before Classe makes such a unit and when it does it will most likely do just one format.

Comment

• RebelMan
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Classe' get's this question all of the time. Currently there are no HD combo drives good enough to satisfy Classe's requirements. Don't expect a format specific HD player anytime soon either. However, they are watching the pulse of the market for potential future development.
            "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• sikoniko
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2003

the problem is that a classe player would probably cost around $10k and what would it offer that available players don't already offer other than a matching case?

Since scalers are practically irrelavent these days i'm wondering what the demand for a high dollar dvd player will be? I can see buying a high-end CD player, but if you can get get high quality out of an affordable unit and put your money in a good proc, why spend the money on a high end source?
              I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Mark-n-b
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by RebelMan
                Classe' get's this question all of the time. Currently there are no HD combo drives good enough to satisfy Classe's requirements. Don't expect a format specific HD player anytime soon either. However, they are watching the pulse of the market for potential future development.
                Thanks RebelMan, this is what I expected.

Comment

• Telstar
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by sikoniko
                  the problem is that a classe player would probably cost around $10k and what would it offer that available players don't already offer other than a matching case?

Since scalers are practically irrelavent these days i'm wondering what the demand for a high dollar dvd player will be? I can see buying a high-end CD player, but if you can get get high quality out of an affordable unit and put your money in a good proc, why spend the money on a high end source?
                  I do agree with the above poster.

You want hd/bd playback? get a cheap player like the LG for those and keep your good cd/sacd player for music.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"