X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Herbonbay
    • Jan 2005

2 channel amp to AV receiver?

Does anyone have any experience connecting a 2 channel amp to an AV receiver? I just recently upgraded my B&W 805s to 804s and feel as if the 804s could benefit from an upgrade in amplification. I've been considering running the 804s ( fronts) from the preouts of my Pioneer Elite 56TXi receiver through a seperate amp. The amps I've been considering are the Rotel RB 1080, the Bryston 4bST or the Parasound Halo A21. From a price vs performance stand point I've been leaning toward the Parasound. My primary concern is music quality and giving the 804s everything they need ( within my budget) to reach their greatest potential. One concern is the seperate amp for the fronts throwing the rest of the system out of whack while in 5.1 mode. Any thoughts regarding this connection or amp selection would be greatly appreciated. I've also considering going with a 3 channel amp to upgrade my center. Regards Herb
    Herb
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Herb:

Certainly something that is very doable. As long as your Pioneer can allow for adjustments for HT, which it can, no problem.

You mention three great amps. I am a tad biased for the Bryston as I own it and sell it. You also could consider an Earthquake CineNova Grande 3 which will perform as well as as any of them and it certainly is wallet-friendly. I sell this too.

Jim
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• jimmyp58
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

Herb:

I just sent you a PM.

Jim
      jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"