X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raptor
    • May 2004

Advise on 1st Amp/Receiver!?!

I need some advice (I'm a complete beginner ops: 8O ) on what Amp & Receiver (integrated or pre-amp) to get for my Dali Suite 3.5 speakers. I am concerned about the power and high current required to make these speakers sing!

Fronts Floorstanding:
    Impedance: 4 Ohms
    Recommended amp power (8 ohm): 30 - 200 W
    Sensitivity (@2.83V/1m): 91.5 dB

I have matching centre and rears and a M&K V75 MII Sub.

I have been looking at the RSX-1055/6 & RSX-1065/7.

Or should I be looking at the RMB-1075 with a RSP-1066.

All suggestions welcome! :W
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

If budget allows I'd highly recomend the power amp and a seperate pre amp. Now that pre amp could be the new pre amp or you could just use the 1056 receiver as a pre amp as well which would give you a tuner that the true pre amp lacks...other wise they're pretty much identical.

Comment

• Raptor
      • May 2004

Sorry, I'm a little confused! ops: Could you suggest the pre-amp/ amp combinations (model no.'s) and also could you suggest a integrated receiver?

Very much appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Sorry I'd suggest getting the RMB-1075 power amp and the matching RSP-1068 surround pre amp if the budget allows...or else the RSX-1056 receiver and either a RMB-1075 power amp or RMB-1070 2 channel amp for the fronts if budget is tight. There might not be much of a difference in price between the 1068 and the 1056 and if that's true it will come down to if you want the tuner the 1056 receiver has or slightly better sonics from the true pre amp in the 1068.

Comment

• Raptor
          • May 2004

Thanks for your patients! :T Yes there isn't much of a difference in price between the 1068 and the 1056 :P . I don't care much for the tuner so I think I'll use the RMB-1075 power amp and the matching RSP-1068 surround pre amp.

But how much of a difference will it make compared to a RSX-1065 which I can get for US$300 less. Is it worth it? I have tested it and noticed the difference. What does everyone think? Is it worth it? :roll:

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

Well I bought the 1066/1075 over the 1055 because I thought it was worth it and I han no need for the tuner or extra amp channels...

Jason
            Jason

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

The 1065 is last years model so it won't have PLIIx or the improved bass management, group delays etc and its internal amps while decent can not compare to the dedicated amps in the 1075...all in all its a nice unit but not as fleixible or sonically comparable to the 1068/1075 combo.

Comment

• Azeke
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2003

I concur with the others. The RSP-1068 has updated DACs/software/processor, if your primary listening is HT then you will be fine with the 1068 and 1075, if music is your primary concern then you may want to add the RB-1070/1080 to the mix to power the fronts. If your budget is tight you can always purchase the 1068/1075 initially, and purchase the RB-1080 later, the 1080 will indeed make your front speakers sing.

I would not purchase the 1065 just to save a few dollars, it may be a decision you will regret. However it's your money and you have to make that economic determination.

Good Luck,

Azeke

Comment

• Raptor
                  • May 2004

Exellent adivce! Thanks very much to Andrew, Jason and Azeke. I'll definately get the 1075. :T

Here in Australia, the RSP-1068 hasn't arrived! It will be due in July/August and I beleive in hot demand. In fact, the 1075 has been so popular, there is no new stock...ie...there are only demo 1075's around. New stock for the 1075 is also due in July/August.

My question now is, is there much of a difference between the RSP-1066 and the RSP-1068? I could get the 1066 now for US$1100 or wait and pay a lot more for the 1068.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this and the differences between the RSP-1066 & RSP-1068? Is it worth the wait and extra cash?

All thoughts welcome! :T

Comment

• aud19
                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2003

If I was buying today I'd spend the extra $$ and get the 1068 (better sonics, new formats, better bass management etc)...but you'll have to decide that on your own, it is YOUR money after all...

Jason
                    Jason

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"