X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shokhead
    • Jan 2005

speaker setup

Do you use the speaker setup,size,volume,delay thats in the DVD player menu or the reciever menu or both setup the same?
  • CJ Paul
    • Oct 2004

You shouldnt need to setup those things in the DVD player unless you are using its internal dolby digital decoder. If you are providing a digital bitsream out to your reciever, it will do the decoding and that is where you need to set the speaker size, LFE settings, surround delay, etc.

Comment

• shokhead
      • Jan 2005

Has to do more with the setup for SACD and DVD-A out of the 6 channel discrete jacks.

Comment

• CJ Paul
        • Oct 2004

Yes, those settings will apply to the 5.1 analog outputs (for DVD-A/SACD) provided your player has bass management, etc. for DVD-A/SACD. I used to have a Panasonic DVD player that did DVD-A and it had all the settings in it for speaker size, delay, LFE redirection, etc. but it was actually for if you were using the player to decode DD and DTS. It didnt actually perform bass managment on the DVD-A signal. It just sent the 5.1 channels out the analog outs so I was getting full range audio to all 5 of my speakers. There was no bass management on DVD-A. This was over a year ago and I dont know what the status on bass management for SACD/DVD-A is. Perhaps tell us what model of player you have.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"