X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dsl1
    • Dec 2006

Room Treatment With Statements

I am slowly working on the downstairs area and I'd like to get some room treatment. I started digging through the huge avs thread but I am wondering what I should do with the transmission channels / front wall.

Here is the room:

Image not available

Dimensions are 13 ft wide, 8 ft height, and 33 ft long. I currently have the screen on that wall (in the middle not including the hvac duct on the left) and the statements are unfortunately offset with the left one 4 ft from the left wall and the right 1ft from the other wall) I wish I had another option but I have to work with what I've got.

The floor is also wood now so I am going to get a big throw rug to put in between the speakers / front row. I'll get more photos up with the speakers / screen up.
    Last edited by theSven; 01 April 2023, 16:37 Saturday. Reason: Update image location
  • BeerParty
    • Oct 2008

I don't know enough about acoustical treatments to offer any advice, sorry.

Originally posted by dsl1
    Dimensions are 13 ft wide, 8 ft height, and 33 ft long. I currently have the screen on that wall (in the middle not including the hvac duct on the left) and the statements are unfortunately offset with the left one 4 ft from the left wall and the right 1ft from the other wall) I wish I had another option but I have to work with what I've got.
    Any chance you could cover that window and build a matching soffit on the right side to balance out the room?
    Chris

My Statement Monitors Build
    My AviaTrix Build

Comment

• dsl1
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by BeerParty
      I don't know enough about acoustical treatments to offer any advice, sorry.

Any chance you could cover that window and build a matching soffit on the right side to balance out the room?

We thought about it but matching it would come in another 30 inches, which is just too much considering how the room is also 30ft long and the back portion is used for other things besides HT.

Edit: Plus I wouldn't be able to have a screen as wide as I want without putting it very low.

Comment

• fbov
        • Jun 2008

You want to get Floyd Toole's book, Sound Reproduction, loudspeakers and rooms, or at very least, read the snippets from Harman's web site
        HARMAN International is a global leader in connected car technology, lifestyle audio innovations, design and analytics, cloud services and IoT solutions.

He has specific recommendations for front, side and rear wall treatments that minimize the varioius negative effects of walls. Given a basement location, you'll want to pay particular attention to Part 3, and Welti's paper.

In the book (but I didn't see it in the white papers) he talks about the right kind of rug. A simple throw rug won't do as much as you expect... room treatment is all about thickness, type and placement of devices.

Have fun,
        Frank

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"