Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

It's so cool to see another build of these going together 9 years after the first ones...
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• technodanvan
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2009

Fancy looking wires going into these! Looks like they're coming along very nicely.
      - Danny

Comment

• Steve Manning
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by technodanvan
        Fancy looking wires going into these! Looks like they're coming along very nicely.
        Another customer request on the cables ..... someone, as in Jon, set a bad example and did the same thing and here we are! 😁
        Hold on to your butts - It's about to get Musical!

Comment

• Steve Manning
          • Dec 2006

While I'm here ..... The first cabinet is out of the clamps and the the second is curing overnight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000976_2.jpg
Views:	788
Size:	556.1 KB
ID:	945663

Name:	P1000977_2.jpg
Views:	763
Size:	418.7 KB
ID:	945664

Name:	P1000978_2.jpg
Views:	793
Size:	556.8 KB
ID:	945665

Comment

• PANDINUS
            • May 2018

Steve, I am watching the construction with interest. I have two questions about used parts. Have you tried these new Mundorf resistors on the coolers sonically? Have you compared them against the M resist Supreme 20W? And I see a thick braided cable, is it an original Kimber TC 8/12 or a china copy? If it is a Chinese production, have you tried to compare with the original? Thanks.​
            Excuse my very bad English. Better it will not be-google translate.

Comment

• Steve Manning
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by PANDINUS
              Steve, I am watching the construction with interest. I have two questions about used parts. Have you tried these new Mundorf resistors on the coolers sonically? Have you compared them against the M resist Supreme 20W? And I see a thick braided cable, is it an original Kimber TC 8/12 or a china copy? If it is a Chinese production, have you tried to compare with the original? Thanks.​
              Hi Pandinus ..... Neither Jon or myself have heard the Mudorf Ultra resistors. The original intent was to use the Dayton Audio DPR resistors. We have found they are a better bang for the buck over the Mundorf 20W resistors. Robert requested using the Mundorf Ultra's for more of a visual impact since the crossovers will be displayed. We are not expecting that it will offer up much in terms of a sonic improvement, but will not really have a way of determining that.

As for the Kimber style cable, it's not the real deal. I got this at GR Research which I suspect may come from China, though I'm not sure. GR Research has at least one video covering the performance of the cable and I'm sure Jon can chime in as to the specific specs and how it compares to the Kimber. For the most part I believe the braiding geometry is what gives Kimber Kables the performance it has.

Comment

• JonMarsh
                Mad Max Moderator
                • Aug 2000

I've been using Kimber 8TC and 12TC in speaker projects for a long time- 2 decades. Initially I chose to do this because of the performance as full range speaker cables- not quite matching Cardas, but not priced like the better Cardas products. Like Cardas, they provide specification characteristics which can be verified by measurement with the right equipment (a mid grade LCR meter capable of variable frequency operation, and analysis of ESR and damping and separation of reactive and resistive loss components of impedance.)

For Kimber 12TC, the key specs are:

(Rdc) dc loop resistance: 0.005 Ohm / meter

(Cp) parallel capacitance: 494 pF / meter

(Ls) series inductance: 0.09 uH / meter

If I loaned you my LCR meter, and gave you a 1 meter sample of Kimber 12TC and the GR Research "Clone", and asked you to figure out which was which, you would not be able to do so... not by appearance, and not by measurement. I have both on hand, and I keep them bagged and separated, just to avoid any confusion. But, bottom line, you would probably swear they came out of the same factory....

There is more obvious difference between a B-G Neo3 and a GRS PT2522, because though the concept and tooling rights have passed to GRS, I can easily tell one from the other, and that they likely did NOT come out of the same factory.

I'm using the GR Research version for internal wiring in current projects like the Saint-Saëns and my POC CC Supreme build.

​​​​​​​My main speaker cables are Cardas Clear Reflection, which is essentially an update on my old favorite, Golden Reference.

the AudioWorx
                Natalie P
                M8ta
                Modula Neo DCC
                Modula MT XE
                Modula Xtreme
                Isiris
                Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                Minerva Monitor
                Calliope
                Ardent D

In Development...
                Obi-Wan
                Modula PWB
                Calliope CC Supreme
                Natalie P Ultra
                Natalie P Supreme
                Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• PANDINUS
                  • May 2018

Thanks for the anwers.​
                  I also used 8 TC speaker cables for a long time and then the newer 12 TC. I was satisfied with the sound. Then I noticed identical looking products in Chinese stores. They were at a ridiculously low price so I bought a few meters out of curiosity. The insulation is Teflon, the cables have the same or very similar structure as the original (stronger and weaker wires in the cable). I believe that the measurable values will also be the same. But the sound is important to me, and it wasn't as good as the Kimber cables. The only thing suggested as an explanation is the use of poorer quality copper. Poorer cleanliness, grain size and surface smoothness. Some time ago I tested the NEOTECH NEMOS 3080 and NEMOS 5080 cables. The 3080 is from UP-OCC and the 5080 from OFC. This is their only difference, all other details are identical. An extraordinary and unique possibility to compare the quality of the conductor metal itself. The difference in sound was big in favor of the UP-OCC material.​

Comment

• JonMarsh
                    Mad Max Moderator
                    • Aug 2000

Thanks for sharing your experience! How would you describe the difference in the sound? Can you identify them consistently in a blind listening test?

I take it from what you say exactly you did not have a chance to check the measurable values.
                    the AudioWorx
                    Natalie P
                    M8ta
                    Modula Neo DCC
                    Modula MT XE
                    Modula Xtreme
                    Isiris
                    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                    Minerva Monitor
                    Calliope
                    Ardent D

In Development...
                    Obi-Wan
                    Modula PWB
                    Calliope CC Supreme
                    Natalie P Ultra
                    Natalie P Supreme
                    Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• PANDINUS
                      • May 2018

In general, sound is difficult to accurately describe, because each person imagines something different in their mind. Besides, I don't speak English. OFC copper - sound was generally softer, hazzy. UP OCC more accurate definition of bass tones, overall greater emphasis, focus, strength. I vaguely remember that it was similar when I once compared the Kimber 8TC and 8VS. Same copper but Teflon/polypropylene insulation.
                      I have done a lot of testing in my life and it has been verified many times that what I perceive coincides with what my acquaintances hear, whom I let listen to the same test samples, but unlike me, they do not know what cable is playing when listening. I also did that I hid the cables in the covers and tubes to make them look exactly the same, I just labeled them with letters. This is how I lent them to friends at home so that they could listen to what they heard at home and write me the results. So blind tests were done many times. In 2005, I was a participant in a blind test in which the capacitor in the crossover in front of the tweeter was changed. There was regular MKP, Mundorf MCap 630V, Supreme and Supreme silver oil. Here I was just listening and didn't know what was involved. An acquaintance did the exchange. I was surprised how the condenser in front of the tweeter with a crossover frequency of around 2.5k Hz changed the sound of the double bass, how much body-wood was added. My favorite sonically was Silver oil back then. I have also tested the sound of resistors, the M resist Supreme 20W is clearly better (smoother and airier) than the classic green Mundorf 10W. And two Mundorf 5W in parallel are also better than 10W, they are closer to the sound of M resist Supreme 20W.​

Comment

• JonMarsh
                        Mad Max Moderator
                        • Aug 2000

Your English is fine, better than my German, for example!

Do you use 12TC as a full range speaker cable? I should probably mention that I have only used it as a midrange connection cable internally in select speaker builds, like the Isiris. Many years earlier I established the quality of the Kimber product in my mind when actually testing 8TC as a full range speaker cable for a more modest system.

In 2005, I was a participant in a blind test in which the capacitor in the crossover in front of the tweeter was changed. There was regular MKP, Mundorf MCap 630V, Supreme and Supreme silver oil. Here I was just listening and didn't know what was involved. An acquaintance did the exchange. I was surprised how the condenser in front of the tweeter with a crossover frequency of around 2.5k Hz changed the sound of the double bass, how much body-wood was added. My favorite sonically was Silver oil back then.
                        This is not surprising to me, there is a significant impact also for midrange crossovers, but the price becomes a very serious issue! I am somewhat partial to the higher end parts in the Jantzen and Clarity cap lineups, especially for midrange. The challenge is finding a reasonable balance of cost/performance characteristics, especially for fellow DIY builders. This is less than simple... otherwise, I might mainly use Jantzen Alumen Z-Caps and Amber Z-Caps, for example!
                        the AudioWorx
                        Natalie P
                        M8ta
                        Modula Neo DCC
                        Modula MT XE
                        Modula Xtreme
                        Isiris
                        Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                        Minerva Monitor
                        Calliope
                        Ardent D

In Development...
                        Obi-Wan
                        Modula PWB
                        Calliope CC Supreme
                        Natalie P Ultra
                        Natalie P Supreme
                        Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• PANDINUS
                          • May 2018

Yes, years ago I used Kimber 12TC as the main speaker cables to the speakers. For me, it is perfectly fine to use Mundorf Mcap EVO oil for the middle speaker and Jantzen Alumen for the tweeter, this is a very good price-quality ratio.​

Comment

• Steve Manning
                            • Dec 2006

Work has started on machining the baffles for the cabinets.

This one is waiting in the wings for trimming to size.

Name:	P1000984_2.jpg
Views:	730
Size:	521.5 KB
ID:	946281

This is the second baffle after being flush trimmed to width.

Name:	P1000985_2.jpg
Views:	729
Size:	817.5 KB
ID:	946282

Name:	P1000979_2.jpg
Views:	719
Size:	568.7 KB
ID:	946283

Name:	P1000983_2.jpg
Views:	703
Size:	487.9 KB
ID:	946284

Name:	P1000981_2.jpg
Views:	725
Size:	523.1 KB
ID:	946285

Next step for this one will be the table saw for trimming to length.

Comment

• JonMarsh
                              JonMarsh commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Looking very good, Steve!

• theSven
                              theSven commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That baffle is crazy thick! Love the bamboo look too.
                          • Steve Manning
                            • Dec 2006

Progress continues .....

First baffle glued up and ready for facet cutting.

Name:	P1000989_2.jpg
Views:	667
Size:	395.2 KB
ID:	946974

Second one waiting on the clamps to come off.

Name:	P1000987_2.jpg
Views:	695
Size:	647.1 KB
ID:	946975

Also been working on trimming out the crossover compartments on the two cabinets.

Name:	P1000995_2.jpg
Views:	693
Size:	667.3 KB
ID:	946976

Name:	P1000997_2.jpg
Views:	662
Size:	308.0 KB
ID:	946977

Also trying to slip in some slab glue up for Sven's CC.

Name:	P1000990_2.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	469.2 KB
ID:	946978

Comment

• Steve Manning
                              • Dec 2006

Well time has arrived for cutting the baffle facets. Always good for a little trepidation in not screwing things up with all the work that has already gone into the baffles.

I had to put together a fixture for the table saw first. That took a few iterations to get something stable enough to make the cuts.

Unfortunately a 10" table saw just doesn't have enough cut capacity to cut all the way through the baffle. Ah, for a big European sliding saw!

Name:	P1000998_2.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	690.5 KB
ID:	947321

Name:	P1000999_2.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	646.2 KB
ID:	947322

After some hand tool clean up and I'm half way through the cuts at this point. Should be able to finish up tomorrow after flipping the center taper jig.

Name:	P1001003_2.jpg
Views:	650
Size:	380.7 KB
ID:	947323

Name:	P1001008_2.jpg
Views:	647
Size:	380.6 KB
ID:	947324

Name:	P1001010_2.jpg
Views:	643
Size:	398.3 KB
ID:	947325

Comment

• theSven
                                theSven commented
                                Editing a comment
                                That is some great table saw work and the baffles look fantastic!
                            • Steve Manning
                              • Dec 2006

Well despite the lack of posts and life's never ending supply of tasks, progress continues.

Put together the bases for the cabinets as well as the clear covers for the crossover compartment.

Baffles at this point are about ready to be attached to the bodies. I had some major tear out issues in a few locations that took a bit of work to clean up, as well as some minor voids to deal with.

Name:	P1001018_2.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	509.3 KB
ID:	948986

Also got the the threaded inserts installed for the drivers and cabinet feet.

Name:	P1001019_2.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	450.8 KB
ID:	948987

Unlike crazy man, bimmerguy, I did not make my own inserts!!!

Also got some finish ordered and picked up.

Name:	P1001020_2.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	550.8 KB
ID:	948988

And yes, that is the color of the main cabinet.

In order to be able to spray I had yet to address a spray area like I had in my old shop ..... that has now been taken care of.

Name:	P1001012_2.jpg
Views:	589
Size:	442.7 KB
ID:	948989

I got lucky and what I had used for the old shop, was just enough for here as well. The biggest chore was figuring out how to hang the track. The old place had ceiling trusses every 2 ft and they ran front to back in the garage. Here they go side to side and are spaced every 4 ft .... non of them were in a location that was useful.

What I do like is with this shop being bigger I can leave all of my tool in place, close the curtain and get to work.

Comment

• Evil Twin
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Nov 2004

What I do like is with this shop being bigger I can leave all of my tool in place, close the curtain and get to work.
                                This is a matter of inestimable value...
                                DFAL
                                Dark Force Acoustic Labs

A wholly owned subsidiary of Palpatine Heavy Industries

Comment

• technodanvan
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Nov 2009

I should have asked for threaded inserts. *sigh*

Next time!
                                  - Danny

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                    Mad Max Moderator
                                    • Aug 2000

Next time!
                                    And when you do, be sure to ask for the RAMPA inserts!

🤪

the AudioWorx
                                    Natalie P
                                    M8ta
                                    Modula Neo DCC
                                    Modula MT XE
                                    Modula Xtreme
                                    Isiris
                                    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                    Minerva Monitor
                                    Calliope
                                    Ardent D

In Development...
                                    Obi-Wan
                                    Modula PWB
                                    Calliope CC Supreme
                                    Natalie P Ultra
                                    Natalie P Supreme
                                    Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• theSven
                                      Master of None
                                      • Jan 2014

Next time!
                                      I learned that on my second build... I tried it once to say I did it, but I remember that Steve Manning does it better!
                                      Painter in training

Comment

• Steve Manning
                                        • Dec 2006

Well their finally starting to look like speakers!

Cabinets have been cleaned up and rough sanded so the baffles could be attached.

Name:	P1001022_2.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	546.1 KB
ID:	949235

This allowed me get the bases aligned and some 1/4-20 inserts installed to attach them. Going with my favorite ViaBlue feet.

Name:	P1001023_2.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	318.4 KB
ID:	949236

Of course we needed more inserts in the crossover compartment to attach the rear covers. Once I get the crossover boards cut out they will need some inserts inside the compartment to mount those.

Name:	P1001029_2.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	447.9 KB
ID:	949237

Name:	P1001030_2.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	628.3 KB
ID:	949238

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                          Mad Max Moderator
                                          • Aug 2000

Ummm, Steve, how should I break this to you, but, I think we have a vertical alignment issue in the making here....

Name:	Oh No!.png
Views:	461
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	949240

The woofers need to be at the bottom!!

the AudioWorx
                                          Natalie P
                                          M8ta
                                          Modula Neo DCC
                                          Modula MT XE
                                          Modula Xtreme
                                          Isiris
                                          Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                          Minerva Monitor
                                          Calliope
                                          Ardent D

In Development...
                                          Obi-Wan
                                          Modula PWB
                                          Calliope CC Supreme
                                          Natalie P Ultra
                                          Natalie P Supreme
                                          Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• technodanvan
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by JonMarsh
                                            Ummm, Steve, how should I break this to you, but, I think we have a vertical alignment issue in the making here....
                                            I think that depends on the primary listening position, perhaps they are inverted as well!
                                            - Danny

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                              JonMarsh commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              I see, I see, I didn't think of that! Like, hanging from a trapeze?

• technodanvan
                                              technodanvan commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Exactly!
                                          • Steve Manning
                                            • Dec 2006

Despite not posting in a while things are still moving along.

The "fun" part of the project has begun ..... finishing!

Things have been sanded to 220 grit and had to build a few items to help out with the spraying process.

Spray curtains are in place.

Name:	P1001032_2.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	658.3 KB
ID:	949523

I put together a couple of stands with some heavy duty lazy Susan's so the cabinets can be turned without me having to walk around in circles.

Name:	P1001034_2.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	564.1 KB
ID:	949524

Cabinets have been taped up and ready for the baffles to get a coat of clear first.

Name:	P1001036_2.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	671.3 KB
ID:	949525

Bases will also be getting clear .... those will more than likely get sprayed first.

Name:	P1001038_2.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	560.7 KB
ID:	949526

Name:	P1001039_2.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	718.7 KB
ID:	949527

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                              Mad Max Moderator
                                              • Aug 2000

As you know, I'm quite jealous of the space you have to setup like this... but then you've made quite an investment!
                                              the AudioWorx
                                              Natalie P
                                              M8ta
                                              Modula Neo DCC
                                              Modula MT XE
                                              Modula Xtreme
                                              Isiris
                                              Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                              Minerva Monitor
                                              Calliope
                                              Ardent D

In Development...
                                              Obi-Wan
                                              Modula PWB
                                              Calliope CC Supreme
                                              Natalie P Ultra
                                              Natalie P Supreme
                                              Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Steve Manning
                                                • Dec 2006

Working around cold temps and wind (can't have the roll up door open) I've made some progress on getting some finish sprayed.

Both cabinets are sprayed, but I've only unwrapped the first one ....

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1001041_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	513.0 KB ID:	949802

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1001043_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	569.0 KB ID:	949803

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1001044_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	527.4 KB ID:	949804

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1001046_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	616.5 KB ID:	949805

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1001054_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	551.7 KB ID:	949806

Also sprayed some primer on the grill frames.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1001057_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	492.4 KB ID:	949807

Also made a little progress on the first crossover board.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1001056_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	522.8 KB ID:	949808

WEBSITE: http://www.smjaudio.com/

Comment

• Evil Twin
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Nov 2004

Black is back...
                                                  DFAL
                                                  Dark Force Acoustic Labs

A wholly owned subsidiary of Palpatine Heavy Industries

Comment

• theSven
                                                    Master of None
                                                    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Evil Twin
                                                    Black is back...
                                                    Interesting... I went with that same color choice for my last 2 SMJ builds. The paint job looks great and seeing this project near the finish line will make a wonderful holiday gift for the ears to enjoy listening to!
                                                    Painter in training

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                                      Mad Max Moderator
                                                      • Aug 2000

Also made a little progress on the first crossover board.

Slow work takes time...

Your CF covered board can act like a ground plane, if you connect it to ground. (negative input)
                                                      the AudioWorx
                                                      Natalie P
                                                      M8ta
                                                      Modula Neo DCC
                                                      Modula MT XE
                                                      Modula Xtreme
                                                      Isiris
                                                      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                                      Minerva Monitor
                                                      Calliope
                                                      Ardent D

In Development...
                                                      Obi-Wan
                                                      Modula PWB
                                                      Calliope CC Supreme
                                                      Natalie P Ultra
                                                      Natalie P Supreme
                                                      Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Steve Manning
                                                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by JonMarsh

Slow work takes time...

Your CF covered board can act like a ground plane, if you connect it to ground. (negative input)
                                                        I had thought about that as an option, but decided to keep everything isolated from it.

Comment

• Browncoat
                                                          • Oct 2016

Beautiful work here. Thanks for posting pictures.

Comment

• Chrissi
                                                            • Oct 2023

Steve, on the t-slot bed on the gantry, are those individual boards or a continuous sheet? (we have a 6x6 gantry for plasma cutting and the parts to convert to router but will still need a bed).
                                                            Love the robust speaker cabinet design.

Comment

• Steve Manning
                                                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Chrissi
                                                              Steve, on the t-slot bed on the gantry, are those individual boards or a continuous sheet? (we have a 6x6 gantry for plasma cutting and the parts to convert to router but will still need a bed).
                                                              Love the robust speaker cabinet design.
                                                              Hi Chrissi, The bed is individual pieces. I laminated 2 sheets of 1/2" thick MDF together and rabbited the edges to make the T-slots.

I used nylon bolts to secure the boards in place so I don't have to worry about destroying a bit when I resurface the table.

Once the boards were in place I drilled a grid of 3/8" holes for dowel pins to align parts.

Name:	DSC_3708_2.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	241.6 KB
ID:	949837

Name:	DSC_3723_2.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	949838

Name:	DSC_3728_2.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	949839

Comment

• Chrissi
                                                                • Oct 2023

Thanks Steve, that is well thought out. I still need to work out how to make this drop into the slat bed of the plasma cutter but you have provided useful ideas for the rest.

Comment

• Steve Manning
                                                                  • Dec 2006

The first crossover board is nearing completion.

Name:	P1001061_2.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	486.8 KB
ID:	949901

Name:	P1001062_2.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	717.6 KB
ID:	949902

While I'm waiting for glue to set up, I'm getting the speakers ready to move into the house. All I have to do is kidnap some unsuspecting neighbors to help with that little exercise!

Name:	P1001060_2.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	444.4 KB
ID:	949903

Comment

• theSven
                                                                    Master of None
                                                                    • Jan 2014

The progress is looking fantastic! I hope you have it paved to roll these over to the house...
                                                                    Painter in training

Comment

• Steve Manning
                                                                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by theSven
                                                                      The progress is looking fantastic! I hope you have it paved to roll these over to the house...
                                                                      Thanks Sven. Unfortunately I don't have a smooth transition outside of the shop.

Name:	P1000831_2.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	949922

I imagine if I ever have to repave the driveway I can fix that issue, but for now I have to lay down some plywood to get over the rocks.

Comment

• Chrissi
                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                        • Oct 2023

Those look incredibly solid!

Comment

• Steve Manning
                                                                          Moderator
                                                                          • Dec 2006
                                                                          • 1891

Well we can't let Jon have all the fun building crossovers ..... Finally finished with both of the crossover boards.

Name:	P1001067_2.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	978.9 KB
ID:	950103

Name:	P1001068_2.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	999.0 KB
ID:	950104

Also got the grill covers finished. Having them magnetic is handy for storing them out of the way!

Name:	P1001069_2.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	649.0 KB
ID:	950105

At this point pretty much all the parts are done. I'm running through a point to point check on the crossover boards to make sure their correct and then I can start putting the pieces together.

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                                                            Mad Max Moderator
                                                                            • Aug 2000
                                                                            • 15284

We need a stronger flag item than "Like"... something more "mucho grande!"

(I took Spanish in university, so theoretically I'm more permitted to use that than Deutsche... Ich bin eine Stupidisch Americana, Ich spreche Deutsche nicht!)

(AutoDefect TM makes it hard to enter words in a foreign language!)
                                                                            the AudioWorx
                                                                            Natalie P
                                                                            M8ta
                                                                            Modula Neo DCC
                                                                            Modula MT XE
                                                                            Modula Xtreme
                                                                            Isiris
                                                                            Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                                                            Minerva Monitor
                                                                            Calliope
                                                                            Ardent D

In Development...
                                                                            Obi-Wan
                                                                            Modula PWB
                                                                            Calliope CC Supreme
                                                                            Natalie P Ultra
                                                                            Natalie P Supreme
                                                                            Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• theSven
                                                                              theSven commented
                                                                              Editing a comment
                                                                              Once the forum is upgraded you will have a significantly better selection of liking options for a post!
                                                                          • theSven
                                                                            Master of None
                                                                            • Jan 2014
                                                                            • 1059

This will be a nice project to complete as the year wraps up. I'll keep practicing my patience waiting to see the completed build once you get these assembled. The crossovers could considered modern art in some households to display... They are colorful, and interesting to look at.
                                                                            Painter in training

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                                                              Mad Max Moderator
                                                                              • Aug 2000
                                                                              • 15284

#87
                                                                              As always, Steve has done a great job on this build. Last I heard he was going to load the drivers and give it a listen.
                                                                              the AudioWorx
                                                                              Natalie P
                                                                              M8ta
                                                                              Modula Neo DCC
                                                                              Modula MT XE
                                                                              Modula Xtreme
                                                                              Isiris
                                                                              Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                                                              Minerva Monitor
                                                                              Calliope
                                                                              Ardent D

In Development...
                                                                              Obi-Wan
                                                                              Modula PWB
                                                                              Calliope CC Supreme
                                                                              Natalie P Ultra
                                                                              Natalie P Supreme
                                                                              Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Steve Manning
                                                                                Moderator
                                                                                • Dec 2006
                                                                                • 1891

#88
                                                                                Thanks gents. My wife helped me roll the cabinets into the house yesterday. I'll get some pictures as things go together.

Comment

• Steve Manning
                                                                                  Moderator
                                                                                  • Dec 2006
                                                                                  • 1891

#89
                                                                                  With the cabinets moved the process of putting all the pieces together has begun.

Getting the crossover positioned to determine wire length for termination.

Name:	P1001073_2.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	784.1 KB
ID:	950115

Name:	P1001074_2.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	784.3 KB
ID:	950116

Installing bases and yes we're upside down again.

Name:	P1001076_2.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	770.3 KB
ID:	950117

Name:	P1001077_2.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	666.7 KB
ID:	950118

Comment

• Steve Manning
                                                                                    Moderator
                                                                                    • Dec 2006
                                                                                    • 1891

#90
                                                                                    With the cabinets moved the process of putting all the pieces together has begun.

Getting the crossover positioned to determine wire length for termination.

Name:	P1001073_2.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	784.1 KB
ID:	950120

Name:	P1001074_2.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	784.3 KB
ID:	950121

Installing bases and yes we're upside down again.

Name:	P1001076_2.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	770.3 KB
ID:	950122

Name:	P1001077_2.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	666.7 KB
ID:	950123

Comment

Working...
                                                                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                    Search Result for "|||"