• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by JonMarsh
    Making progress, far from finished...

Well, just had too many chores and errands to do this weekend- definitely slows me down when the only free time is on Saturday and Sunday. Not finished, but made some real progress, shows the general concept which looks like it's going to work, but doesn't give me the room I would like for using feed through connectors and what not- going to just have to drill holes in the base for feeding through the Cardas SE-11 and sealing with hot glue.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CrossoverConstruction_zps7354e772.jpg Views:	1 Size:	276.0 KB ID:	934556

My gravestone epitaph will likely say something like "he lived and died by hot glue... a true believer!".

The tweeter crossover is in the lower left corner, the woofer crossover is in the upper left corner, and everything else is midrange! :B

Main input and ground buss wires are just AWG 12 tinned solid copper.
    Built up, ready to install
    Last edited by theSven; 01 May 2023, 16:44 Monday. Reason: Update image location
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by JonMarsh
      You know what they say about best laid plans of mice and men!

Well, I did get the 2nd crossover wiring finished- then I was ready to start on the baseplate glue up, but all three tube sets of Loctite Marine Epoxy from Home Depot were bad- the hardener was literally hard, and couldn't be pushed out the plunger- this is a frequent problem with this product from Loctite.

Well, I took a run down the Ace Hardware in Danville/Alamo, just to see what they had on hand, and they did have a few sets of their own house brand Marine Epoxy which seem to be made by Devcon. I picked those up, and they worked fine, and better than the Loctite stuff does when it is working- of course, there wasn't enough at that store, so a run up to Walnut Creek to another store was needed. That worked out OK, in the end, but put me way behind my self imposed schedule.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMGP0380_zpsff7e788a.jpg Views:	1 Size:	230.0 KB ID:	934406

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMGP0381_zpsae00be08.jpg Views:	1 Size:	178.6 KB ID:	934407

I can hear the comments now, this is what happens when you let a wires and sparks guy loose and you wind up with high grade epoxy and Gorilla Duct tape for clamping... because he doesn't have the right miter clamps on hand and doesn't want to drive 40 miles to pick them up from at home...

Sneak Preview Department:

Starting on assembling the knock down cabinet for the Dayton UMC 15" for GF; no instructions, but I think I can figure it out.... :W

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMGP0382_zps32b7456c.jpg Views:	1 Size:	193.7 KB ID:	934408

It's just 3/4" MDF, but the bracing design looks OK, the front panel is two layers, and the MDF is better quality than you can buy locally... at Home Depot or Lowe's.

Will do a short thread on this, quick and dirty sub box build... with measurements.
      More pictures getting the bases ready... with the crossovers.
      Last edited by theSven; 01 May 2023, 16:39 Monday. Reason: Update image location
      the AudioWorx
      Natalie P
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Renron
        • Jan 2008

tight Squeeze, feels just right
        I share your pain with the space issues. We all do.
        Thanks for the updates and photos.
        Ron
        Ardent TS

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"