Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fish fingers
    • Apr 2015

Quicky 2 way build

..using SB and Viawave drivers. PC packed up so X/O will be a total bodge.
    Should have them fired up tonight.. proper build at later date.

Click image for larger version

Name:	be2d543f1bebbc20169cc430a2c79a27.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	933613

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by theSven; 30 April 2023, 14:27 Sunday. Reason: Update image location
  • fish fingers
    • Apr 2015

Got the first one up and running. Sounds pretty good even without a notch filterhttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/596ce403...092838_140.mp4

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

• TH-1
      • Jun 2017

Cool, what did you use, just a textbook 2-way crossover at 2500 Hz for now?

Comment

• fish fingers
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by TH-1
        Cool, what did you use, just a textbook 2-way crossover at 2500 Hz for now?
        Pretty much, with L pad. I made a rough calculation on baffle step ie larger coil. I'll try switching polarity on tweet next.

That alu SB woofer is well behaved, the overall sound is surprisingly smooth. I can already hear plenty of low level detail from that tweet

Comment

• TH-1
          • Jun 2017

Originally posted by fish fingers
          Pretty much, with L pad. I made a rough calculation on baffle step ie larger coil. I'll try switching polarity on tweet next.

That alu SB woofer is well behaved, the overall sound is surprisingly smooth. I can already hear plenty of low level detail from that tweet
          I’ve done pretty much the same thing, used a larger inductor to tame a break up node, and a textbook xo, right out of a Weems book, I think. Then tried a few resistors on the tweeter. Sounded so good I thought I lucked out. Then my measurements revealed a lot of broad dips. It was a good lesson that I am more sensitive to additive peaks than missing valleys.

What size cabinet did you put that woofer in? Will you bother sinking the drivers or just let them be?

Comment

• 123Toid
            • Mar 2017

It looks nice. Do you have a testing mic? Or are you doing this all by ear?
            Check out my YouTube Channel on DIY Speakers
            Instagram

Comment

• fish fingers
              • Apr 2015

All by ear but i do have a dayton testing mic, unfortunately somewhere else atm.. I'll tidy the x/o up but keep it outside cab until then.
              The cab is approx 17-18 litres, I plan to add a layer of thin mdf to recess the drivers.

More listening today, both midbass and ribbon v detailed even at low volume

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"