- Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• BeerParty
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by joeybutts

Click image for larger version  Name:	file-8.webp Views:	0 Size:	31.2 KB ID:	939318

Cool center channel stand...
      Last edited by theSven; 08 June 2023, 13:10 Thursday. Reason: Update quote
      Chris

My Statement Monitors Build
      My AviaTrix Build

Comment

• madmac
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2010

Well look at it this way, you are not going to any issues hearing your movie dialogue with that puppy !!!
        Dan Madden :T

Comment

• joeybutts
          • Sep 2009

Sylvan - BWhahahah. Yeah it is massive. And solid. I would trust it in my foundation for my house.

---k--- - You better be talking about the center channel!! I love doing this stuff. Should be an amazing experience when I get everything in it's final resting place.

Beer - Hahahah. It took me a second to realize what you were saying cause all I saw was stand and thought entertainment stand. Yeah, it was the easiest and quickest way for me to get it in a somewhat center channel location. Those cabinets for the MARKK's should be loaded and rocking in the next week or so, and all this stuff will be moving to the new house. Definitely not the final stand for this. :P

madmac - That's what I'm saying! I think in the new place it will be going it will be about 7 ft from the listener. I hope no one gets hurt.

Comment

• WilZirkle
            • Aug 2011

next to the recliner...OMG MUHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

• madmac
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2010

Try some 5 channel music listening as well because that center will hold it's own easily along with your mains!!!!
              Dan Madden :T

Comment

• joeybutts
                • Sep 2009

WZ - I love that pic too. Really shows the ridiculousness. So does the fact that my TV is a 65". That pic makes it seem like a ~40" .

MM - I listened at low levels last night and I had a REAL hard time determining what was on and what the levels were. I kept thinking the center wasn't playing because it was just "gone". I'd turn down the left and right channels and it was just like it should have been. It's amazing stuff these designers have done.

Comment

• WilZirkle
                  • Aug 2011

Let me be the first to say I think Mr Butts has a screw loose. ;-p Or maybe just one missing on the left side of the mid.
                  Yeah that TV looks small now I think you need a new one.

Comment

• joeybutts
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by WilZirkle
                    Let me be the first to say I think Mr Butts has a screw loose. ;-p Or maybe just one missing on the left side of the mid.
                    Yeah that TV looks small now I think you need a new one.
                    Hahahaa. Nice catch. My drill bit broke off in there some how. :evil: I was going to push it through but figured I'd wait till I do the finish, so I can get it out. Good thing I have the shielded drivers. :T

Comment

• cbark
                      • Jan 2010

In that last picture, even Pacino himself cannot believe the awesomeness that has been bestowed upon him...

Good lookin' stuff, and a patient wife to boot!

Comment

• cjd
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Dec 2004

Wait. That amp is more than one channel? Each channel must be tiny then!

Looks good! Next up is a biiiiig FP screen.
                        diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• joeybutts
                          • Sep 2009

cb - I know!! the timing was uncanny. She is a keeper......so far.

cjd - bwhahahaha. When I got the XPA-3 I thought it was huge. Putting the center over it just dwarfs it. It does do a fantastic job of pushing my front three. Time to find a two channel for the surrounds, until then I'll use my Oink 876.

And you are absolutely correct. A big FP screen is up next along with a lot of other plans in the new house I just purchased.

Click image for larger version

Name:	755a8e96.webp
Views:	52
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	939319

Name:	af0a6a6a.webp
Views:	54
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	939320

Name:	43e6df3d.webp
Views:	55
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	939321

Name:	06c541c4.webp
Views:	56
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	939322

Last edited by theSven; 08 June 2023, 13:13 Thursday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• Eric S
                            • Sep 2000

Nice work, Joey! I especially appreciate the detailed and documented construction!

Nothing at all wrong with a large center channel! My Avro Part center measures 56"w by 26"h and weighs in near 150lbs...
                            Last edited by Eric S; 06 March 2012, 19:37 Tuesday.
                            My DIY Theater Projects

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"