Back to 2 channel

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005
    • 1485

    #1

    Back to 2 channel

    I find myself watching fewer and fewer movies, so I was kicking around the idea of downsizing to a 2-channel setup, and replacing my trusty old SSP-800 with a CP-800. My primary audio source is a Mac Mini connected via HDMI, but optical is an option. I'd obviously lose a few features, but perhaps the audio improvements would be worth it?
    - Mike

    Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005
    • 1485

    #2
    OK, having spent a couple of days reading reviews, it seems I should keep the SSP-800 and ADD a CP-800 - time to start saving!.... what's the deal with the phono board?
    - Mike

    Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

    Comment

    Related Topics

    Collapse

    • Edgeyboy
      Moving from CP800 to SSP800
      by Edgeyboy
      I am sure the SSP800 is more than up to the job of surround sound using my 800 series speakers / CA2300 and CA5100 , but how good is it on 2 channel against the CP800 ?

      I am using an Onkyo 5509 Processor and a CP800 at the moment and want to combine both systems.

      I don't...
      03 January 2013, 02:03 Thursday
    • style
      changing SSP800 for CP800??
      by style
      hi,

      the SSP800 is a great processor. no word. the new CP800 have a lot of possibility and after a listing of this one by Classe if do you have the posibility to sell the SSP , replace it with a Marantz, Onkyo or other for HT and go with the CP800 for the stereo in not a bad idea!
      ...
      17 June 2011, 12:40 Friday
    • mattyw
      Jriver and CP800 remote control problem
      by mattyw
      I have recently upgraded my CP800 to Mk2 and it is working fine apart from one major problem. Having changed from USB to network connection the CP800 physical remote control no longer works correctly.

      I am using JRiver (v21) on my server to connect to the CP800 via the network connection....
      02 January 2016, 10:51 Saturday
    • windshear
      CP800 Subwoofer output issue.
      by windshear
      Is anyone using their CP800 with an active subwoofer? Are you using the subwoofer output from the CP800 either via balanced(xlr) or unbalanced(rca) and what is your bass management configuration? Can you please test your system with your power amplifier switched off, so that the CP800 only feeds your...
      29 May 2014, 13:59 Thursday
    • windshear
      CP800 Help Required
      by windshear
      I have borrowed a CP800 from my dealer and for once im stumped by an electronic device.

      I cannot get my ipod to work via the front USB. I have tried anything and everything in the menu system with no success. Im beginning to think its either the CP800 or the cable as the IPOD works fine...
      25 March 2012, 17:13 Sunday
    • Loading...
    • No more items.
    Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

      Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

      Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"