X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattyw
    • Jan 2016

Jriver and CP800 remote control problem

I have recently upgraded my CP800 to Mk2 and it is working fine apart from one major problem. Having changed from USB to network connection the CP800 physical remote control no longer works correctly.

I am using JRiver (v21) on my server to connect to the CP800 via the network connection. I have used JRiver for many years and prior to the network connection on the CP800 I used an old HTPC as the renderer between the server and the CP800 connected by USB.

In the new setup the server connects to the CP800 via Ethernet. My problem is that the remote control transport functions do not work correctly. Volume does of course. I have configured JRiver with a dlna server set as Audiophile 24 bit and associated it with the CP 800 zone. It makes little difference if I have "ignore transport events" on or off. With it off next and previous track do not work and pause and stop both move on to the next track. With it on (i.e. ignore transport events) its much the same.

Any idea how I get the transport controls on the Classe remote to work? I am currently using JRemote on my ipad to control the system which is great for selecting what to play but tiresome for pausing to answer the phone or skip tracks.

Thanks
  • Audio_ElF
    • Oct 2007

It won't work...

USB offers HID protocols (human interface device) so a remote control signal from (for example) a DAC/preamp can interface easily with a computer. There is no equivalent within the UPnP system which is used by the Classe to interface with J.River via Ethernet.
    Last edited by Audio_ElF; 02 January 2016, 21:50 Saturday. Reason: Corrected acronyms

Comment

• mattyw
      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Audio_ElF
      It won't work...

USB offers HID protocols (human interface device) so a remote control signal from (for example) a DAC/preamp can interface easily with a computer. There is no equivalent within the UPnP system which is used by the Classe to interface with J.River via Ethernet.
      Thanks Audio_ElF for the helpful post, much appreciated. This is disappointing and seems very short sighted by the dlna alliance.

However I have now realised that when I use my Sony BD to watch movies from JRiver I have always had full control using the Sony remote, so I have just concluded a test using the same JRiver server I use for the Classe connected to the Sony BD player to listen to music. I have full control via the Sony remote and can pause and resume, stop, change track forward and back without any problem.

I then realised that this was not an exact replica of my Classe operation as the Sony was connecting to the server via the Sony menus. I assume this means that the Sony pulls information from the sever and hence controls what is going on.

I therefore tried another test sending data from JRiver to the Sony BD player which presumably means the information is pushed to the Sony. In this setup the Sony remote control did not work correctly as your post says.

Is my analysis accurate?

I have now developed a workable solution using an old android handset with JRiver installed as a remote control but this will need charging fairly often.

Comment

• TomScrut
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Nov 2013

JRemote is the best control method if you use the LAN in my opinion. When I had my CP800 I only ever used USB or used BubbleUPNP to control it when on network so never tried what you are doing

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
        Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"