X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • windshear
    • Dec 2004

CP800 Subwoofer output issue.

Is anyone using their CP800 with an active subwoofer? Are you using the subwoofer output from the CP800 either via balanced(xlr) or unbalanced(rca) and what is your bass management configuration? Can you please test your system with your power amplifier switched off, so that the CP800 only feeds your active sub. Play something with a lot of bass then adjust the volume on the CP800. I find I am getting the digital stepping of the volume glitching on the subwoofer output as the volume is adjusted. There is a small pop for ever 0.5dB change in the volume, its more noticeable when adjusted quickly. Hopefully someone will test this to see if they have the same issue or if I have a configuration/ software or even a hardware problem. Ps I am using the rev2 upgrade board.
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

I will try this out next week, I am getting a cp800 on Monday and for a couple of weeks I will be using it with my SCM1s and my sub, until I get some more floorstanders as the 803s are going Sunday.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• londoner
      • Apr 2009

I tried this and could hear it too. Very quiet muffled pops as volume is adjusted. I imagine it's just an artefact of the way that volume is handled for the bass signal. It doesn't sound a problem or at all bothersome to me. It would be hard to notice with main speakers playing.

My configuration is balanced XLR from CP-800 rev1 to single DB1 sub. Bass management is 80Hz, 12dB slope with L/R high pass filter.

Comment

• windshear
        • Dec 2004

Hi Londoner thanks for trying it for me. I had tried a number of different configurations today. I use 2 DB1's in a dual mono configuration. If I switch it to stereo subs then the popping goes away. Could you see if it gets worse when trying with the dual mono sub option in the bass management. At lower volume levels its obviously not noticeable, but from -25dB it becomes very pronounced.

Comment

• TomScrut
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Nov 2013

Kind of relevant but I was wondering what the highest crossover frequency was for the bass management in the cp800?

Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• windshear
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by TomScrut
            Kind of relevant but I was wondering what the highest crossover frequency was for the bass management in the cp800?

I tried the crossover settings from lowest to highest with no difference to the noise. Tonight I tried what I did yesterday and could not duplicate the lack of noise, it was evident no matter what the settings.

Comment

• TomScrut
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Nov 2013

What is the highest value though? I want to know for my set up when I get it! I was thinking and of bi amping my 802s when I get them and running through the crossover just to get more headroom and so I can run a different filter set on the bottom to the top. But I presume the crossover won't go anywhere near 350hz or wherever it is the point is on the 802s

Comment

• windshear
                • Dec 2004

The highest the crossover goes is 140Hz in the CP800.

Comment

• TomScrut
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Nov 2013

Originally posted by windshear
                  The highest the crossover goes is 140Hz in the CP800.
                  Thanks!

Comment

• windshear
                    • Dec 2004

I spent the whole of yesterday downgrading to the version 1 digital board. I tried various versions of the firmware, before finally going back to the new digital board and firmware.The problem is still there, with no difference on any of the settings or versions. Time to email Classe and see what they have to say.

Comment

• TomScrut
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by windshear
                      I spent the whole of yesterday downgrading to the version 1 digital board. I tried various versions of the firmware, before finally going back to the new digital board and firmware.The problem is still there, with no difference on any of the settings or versions. Time to email Classe and see what they have to say.
                      I got mine yesterday (rev1), and yes the sub pops with volume change, changing settings or even going through menus sometimes. I wont be using my sub with it in a few weeks so not really an issue but I think its a bit naff that it does it. All in all though I am very pleased with it. Sounds awesome! It is a shame the crossover is limited to 140hz, would have liked to have used the crossovers to allow different filters for the bass drivers.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"