X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Edgeyboy
    • Nov 2006

Moving from CP800 to SSP800

I am sure the SSP800 is more than up to the job of surround sound using my 800 series speakers / CA2300 and CA5100 , but how good is it on 2 channel against the CP800 ?

I am using an Onkyo 5509 Processor and a CP800 at the moment and want to combine both systems.

I don't want to lose a lot of 2 channel quality though.

So, how good is the SSP800 ?

Thanks tom
  • aarsoe
    • May 2004

The SSP-800 is very good as a two channel pre-amp - especially in bypass mode.
    Only downside for me is a limited number of analogue inputs.
    But why not keep the CP-800 and use the SSP option on it so you can have both?

Comment

• Edgeyboy
      • Nov 2006

My dealer is lending my an SSP800 so I can make a direct comparison. I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks Tom

Comment

• mjb
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Edgeyboy
        My dealer is lending my an SSP800 so I can make a direct comparison. I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks Tom
        Tom, please come back and let us know! This question comes up fairly often, but I am yet to see a direct comparison. Obviously, one big difference is with the SSP-800 you will be using HDMI (or SPDIF) for digital audio.
        - Mike

Main System:
        B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
        Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Edgeyboy
          • Nov 2006

Hi Mike. I have a CDP202 so will be comparing via analogue XLR's too. I'll let you know. Tom

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"