New to the Forum

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • merlinus
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 113

    #1

    New to the Forum

    Hi all. I am new to the forum, and thought to introduce myself.

    I have been using a two-channel system with Adcom GTP-400 and GFA-545 II, Sony ES CD player, and Boston Acoustics T930 Series II speakers for some 17 years.

    In January we upgraded our 17-year-old 20" TV to a 32" Sony Bravia LCD, subscribed to NetFlix, and began enjoying films that we had missed for some ten years. It soon became obvious that an HT setup was called for.

    So after lots and lots of research and such, we decided to use the 930s for surrounds and to purchase a Classe SSP-300 and CA-5100, and B&W 683s, HTM61 and ASW610, which were to be delivered in mid-March.

    After reading about the SSP-800, however, it became a no-brainer to purchase that instead of the 300, even though it means more money and waiting longer.

    In addition to being an avid cinema and music fan, I play classical and improvisational acoustic piano, create abstract expressionist paintings, and in season go kayaking on local lakes and rivers.

    I have already learned a great deal from reading the forum posts, and look forward to more.
    Last edited by merlinus; 25 February 2008, 17:14 Monday.
    merlin
  • Aldo
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2005
    • 448

    #2
    welcome!

    Comment

    • RebelMan
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005
      • 3139

      #3
      Welcome merlinus.
      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

      Comment

      • ChrisssB
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2006
        • 153

        #4
        Originally posted by merlinus
        ...I have already learned a great deal from reading the forum posts, and look forward to more.
        Wellcome merlinus!

        I also learned a great deal here and still learning. :T

        Comment

        Related Topics

        Collapse

        • chuckaroo
          This forum "ROCK'S"
          by chuckaroo
          Wow , You can almost put a face to you folks.

          I was born in the winter of "33" I think I am the most ancient one here in the get aquianted section so far.
          I started life in the hills of West Virginia. Coal mining country. When you reach the age of 17-18, its traditional...
          11 May 2004, 22:09 Tuesday
        • Burke Strickland
          An Invitiation To Visitors To HT Guide Forum
          by Burke Strickland
          We're glad you are taking a look at HT Guide Forum's Club Integra. In addition to participating where you are already a member, why not register here at HT Guide, too? If you are interested in Integra and Integra Research products, we invite you to join the discussions in this forum. Click on the word...
          25 January 2003, 22:20 Saturday
        • jss
          maybe consider DIY sub-forum for FAQs?
          by jss
          Hi guys,
          Forgive me if I'm overstepping my bounds as this is only my 4th post and I know the forum has been doing just fine without my 2 cents. Saying that, the amount of information on this forum is amazing! I'm really learning a lot as I read. I'm a total noob so a few (okay.. most) of these...
          23 August 2005, 11:14 Tuesday
        • Lex
          A gentle reminder... Choose your forum carefully
          by Lex
          I am noticing an increased propensity of cross posts that are very specific in nature to areas such as video, audio, diy, etc... all showing up in the Chalet.

          Now, we don't bust your chops on this stuff at htguide, that's a fact. Can anyone remember the last time a moderator moved a thread?...
          08 September 2001, 00:26 Saturday
        • Chris D
          Comments on this Forum Website
          by Chris D
          Can you stand a little flattery here? I've just got to say, I've recently begun to appreciate HTGuide as an A/V discussion forum more than ever. I lurk and post on a few other forums as well, and recently they've taken a noticeable turn with moderation and participation, and it's gotten confusing and...
          28 January 2003, 00:41 Tuesday
        • Loading...
        • No more items.
        Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

          Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

          Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"