X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

A gentle reminder... Choose your forum carefully

I am noticing an increased propensity of cross posts that are very specific in nature to areas such as video, audio, diy, etc... all showing up in the Chalet.

Now, we don't bust your chops on this stuff at htguide, that's a fact. Can anyone remember the last time a moderator moved a thread? That happens daily, if not hourly at some forums. But not at htguide.

But that doesn't mean that we don't want you to choose your forum carefully. Fact is, some of the other areas see very little activity for this reason, and it's important activity for the respective area.

I don't mean we can't use the Chalet to highlight important cross topic things, like Trev's introduction of the Parasound DVD player, but I don hope that you will consider placing specific topics in their respective forum. If you want, post a summary in the Chalet and say, please see specifics in ..... such and such forum.

The chalet is the Gathering place, and as such will see topics across the gambit. But again, just consider where you post before you post, and all is right with the world.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled madness. thanks!

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

A reasonable request,Lex.

"Regularly scheduled madness" ? That's only for guys in the work-a-day world. Ahhh, retirement is sweet.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Thanks George. Well, ok, maybe not madness, but regularly scheduled programming anyway.

When I said cross post, I didn't mean posted in 2 places, I meant very specific in scope, and worthy material for a specific forum other than the Chalet.

Lex
      Doug

Comment

• Jariten
        • Jun 2000

uh?

Comment

• Markj
          • Aug 2000

Lex, I posted my upgrade to the CB2 in the theta club and got no responses. So either I am the only theta owner here or the theta group doesn’t even want to post a congrats. Now I don’t want to sound negative, but if I had posted in the Chalet I might have gotten at least one or two responses.

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

Mark, I don't know what's up with that. I know Bob still comes here some, and has Theta.

Yeah, well, as I said, feel free to repost in the Chalet. But it's important to give the individual areas some content.

Lex
            Doug

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"