X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • merlinus
    • Feb 2008

New to the Forum

Hi all. I am new to the forum, and thought to introduce myself.

I have been using a two-channel system with Adcom GTP-400 and GFA-545 II, Sony ES CD player, and Boston Acoustics T930 Series II speakers for some 17 years.

In January we upgraded our 17-year-old 20" TV to a 32" Sony Bravia LCD, subscribed to NetFlix, and began enjoying films that we had missed for some ten years. It soon became obvious that an HT setup was called for.

So after lots and lots of research and such, we decided to use the 930s for surrounds and to purchase a Classe SSP-300 and CA-5100, and B&W 683s, HTM61 and ASW610, which were to be delivered in mid-March.

After reading about the SSP-800, however, it became a no-brainer to purchase that instead of the 300, even though it means more money and waiting longer.

In addition to being an avid cinema and music fan, I play classical and improvisational acoustic piano, create abstract expressionist paintings, and in season go kayaking on local lakes and rivers.

I have already learned a great deal from reading the forum posts, and look forward to more.
    Last edited by merlinus; 25 February 2008, 18:14 Monday.
    merlin
  • Aldo
    • Sep 2005

welcome!

Comment

• RebelMan
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Welcome merlinus.
      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• ChrisssB
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by merlinus
        ...I have already learned a great deal from reading the forum posts, and look forward to more.
        Wellcome merlinus!

I also learned a great deal here and still learning. :T

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"